PDA

View Full Version : Install problems and vista

dubidub
01-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Hi

I have just downloaded the trial version and i cant get the program installed properly.

When i try to install it pops up with this message:

the package could not be open. control it exist and u have access to it or contact the owner of program to make sure this is a valid windows install package

I have disabled UAC

Do i have to say vista sucks

Al1
01-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Hi,

You have to extract to content from the package before running the setup file.

dubidub
01-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Hi

It seems that i have lost my code for my postgre SQL which was installed with P3 - what to do then ?

Al1
01-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Hi

It seems that i have lost my code for my postgre SQL which was installed with P3 - what to do then ?

Try

user: postgres
pass: postgrespass

But HM can force postgreSQL to accpect any code when you will be on the DBControlPanel window.

dubidub
01-20-2009, 06:28 AM
OK - i just bought the product, though i didnt get anything out of the trial period, but i believe its a super product and that we can solve this out.

When i try to install HEM i get this message - see file

And after saying OK this message: Sorry HEM was unable to start the service

When i try to install postgre SQL i get a popup in danish saying something like:
this install package could not be open. Control the package exist and that you have acces to it or contact the developer og the product(HEM) to make sure its a valid windows install package

I have extract both files and im not running UAC.

When i had pokertracker installed i remember having some off the same problems, and they ended up helping, by creating acces to my computer, will that be possible here also?

morny
01-20-2009, 09:59 AM
You are getting this error because your trying to run the installer before extracting it. Use an unzipping program or the built in one from windows to extract all the files first to a folder and then run the installer.

So first create a temporary folder somewhere in your documents. Select all the files to be extracted by clicking on one and press Ctrl + A and then extract all the files in the compressed folder into the temporary file you setup in My Documents. Lastly go to the temporary folder in My Documents and run the installer.

If your still having problems email morny@holdemmanager.net to arrange a teamviewer session