PDA

View Full Version : 'An error occured whilst updating your DB...'

mjrgaming
01-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Hello.

Ive had this pop up recently and cant start HEM.

When I start HEM it gets to the point of Initialising the Database and then the following Message pops up:

'An error occured while updating your DB (Player Hands AI): ERROR: XX001 invalid page header in block 26 of relation "pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index"

Player close down any programs accessing the database and relaunch Holdem Manager'

I click ok, and HEM comes up on the import screen very briefly (like half a second) and then shuts down. I exit the poker client that was previously running and then restart it and the same thing happens. Does anybody have any idea what it going on or what i need to do?

Im using Windows Vista, HEM verison 1.07 and its previously been working ok. One thing to note is that my PC has recently been fixed for a driver and registry error as i messed about with something outside of my skill level and ive just got it back.

Any help much appreciated,

Matt.

Al1
01-09-2009, 04:32 PM
It happens because an index is currupted in your DB. Try to reindex it: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=168

If it doesn't work, unfortunately you will have to create a new DB and reimport all your hands: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

mjrgaming
01-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi.

Fortunately i only had c.5k hands in there so far so just deleted it and made a new one.

I now have a small HUD related problem that hopefully you can help me with. I am playing on ipoker with the nlsixmax config that was posted in the forum and strangely my stats appear fine but my opponents stats dont...everything appears blank. However, when i double click on their stats and the background goes red the stats then appear with the red background. Is there anything i can change in order for them to appear all the time without doing this?

Thanks,

Matt.

Al1
01-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Mmm, can you attach a screenshot with the issue?

mjrgaming
01-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Could you give me a quick idea how i could do this please?

Thanks,

Matt.

Al1
01-10-2009, 07:20 AM
To put a screenshot:

Display what you want on your screen
Press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard. Or Alt+PrintScreen to copy only the active window.
Go to a graphical editor like "Paint".
Paste (Ctrl + V)
Select the aera you want
Save in *.jpg
Upload your file here. www.imageshack.us or attach your image to your post.

mjrgaming
01-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Hello.

Please see on the screenshot i have shown one table where i have doubleclicked on all of the stats individually (left) and the right table which is how it pops up on its own.

Also, i have a problem that i cant find any stats in my database but evidently the stats are appearing in the HUD. It has a few player names in there but all fields are just blank when i play about with the filters.

I have tried playing around with the filters as per FAQ 129 and also installed a new database and ran that as default but have had no luck.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Matt.

Al1
01-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Ok,

Can you go here: "HUD Options => Additional HUD Filters" and untick Min # Hands.

After that, go to "HUD Options => Table Preferences" and put 0 in "Min hands for stats".

Close and restart HM and tell me if it change something.

mjrgaming
01-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Hello.

These settings were already in place so i restarted HEM but nothing changed.

Another thing that may be of note is that under the Cash Games tab the stats for other players in Graphs and Preflop cards appear but dont appear anywhere else.

Thanks for your help so far.

Matt.

Al1
01-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Can you create a new DB and import your hands: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

mjrgaming
01-12-2009, 08:04 AM
Hello.

I have tried all of this over and over and still have no success.

I have created two new databases, played with the filters and still nothing works.

I have 3 databses now from which i have imported all of my hands and cannot get any stats up in HEM. On two of the databses it shows that i have players under the Players tab and some fields for some players are accessible i.e the graphs tab for some players. The stats also appear in the HUD when you double click them on these two.

Please can you advise me what else i can do as this is seriously starting to effect my bottom line.

Regards,

Matt

Al1
01-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Hello.

I have tried all of this over and over and still have no success.

I have created two new databases, played with the filters and still nothing works.

I have 3 databses now from which i have imported all of my hands and cannot get any stats up in HEM. On two of the databses it shows that i have players under the Players tab and some fields for some players are accessible i.e the graphs tab for some players. The stats also appear in the HUD when you double click them on these two.

Please can you advise me what else i can do as this is seriously starting to effect my bottom line.

Regards,

Matt

Can you try to reinstall HM completely:

1) Make a backup of "Config" in a safe location
2) Export your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
3) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
4) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
5) Reboot your computer
6) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Upload HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.07beta.exe
8) Test if it works for a while and if it does proceed to step 9
9) Overwrite the backuped "holdemmanager.config" file in the new Config directory to recover your settings
10) Test if it works again for another while and if it does proceed to step 11
11) Import your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
12) Test if it works

If it persist, uninstall/reinstall postgreSQL with the same version you currently have: http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/

mjrgaming
01-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Hi.

What exactly is 'config' and where/how would i back this up?
What is the config directory?

Also, would i need another reg. code to reinstall HEM?

As you can probably tell im not overly IT literate.

Many thanks,

Matt.

Al1
01-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Hi.

What exactly is 'config' and where/how would i back this up?
What is the config directory?

Also, would i need another reg. code to reinstall HEM?

As you can probably tell im not overly IT literate.

Many thanks,

Matt.

Config is a folder in the RVG Software/Holdem Manager/ which contains all your HM preferences.

For the code, it depends, generally it's ok. But if you need to reset your licenses after the reinstall, just email Roy here: sales@holdemmanager.net

mjrgaming
01-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Hello.

I have tried all of this and it still wont work.

The stats show up in the hud, most of the players are there in the database and the import folders are configured correctly as it used to work before.

Is there any way you could have a look over skype/teamviewer or something?

Thanks,

Matt.

mjrgaming
01-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Hello.

Just notice that there are no stakes selected in my filter but im not sure how to enter them in if that makes any difference?

Al1
01-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Hello.

Just notice that there are no stakes selected in my filter but im not sure how to enter them in if that makes any difference?

Escalated to morny (Support), he will answer asap.

morny
01-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Email me and well do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net