PDA

View Full Version : transferring data from one computer to another

luckstr
03-19-2011, 03:36 PM
So I now have HEM on my new computer and want to transfer my data from old HEM to new one.

Looking for specific details on how to transfer data in HEM from one computer to another.

Also looking to transfer HUD set up from one computer to another if possible.

Patvs
03-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Watch video @ http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/418/Backup+%26+Restore

pellshek
03-25-2011, 06:28 AM
Hi guys,

I'm about to have my computer cleaned up and a new OS put on it. My understanding is this is basically like getting a new computer.

I watched the Backup/Restore video and it looks simple enough, so that's great. I have also noted the new Licence Transfer process, which also seems straighforward.

But I'm wondering whether this process also backs-up/restores SSQL as well? Or do I need to re-install that separately when I get my "new" computer back? If the Backup/Restore process doesn't do SSQL as well, do I simply re-install SSQL using the standard set-up guidelines? Should I anticipate any problems getting my "new" HEM and the "new" SSQL talking to each other?

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, couldn't find the answer in the FAQ's.

Thanks.

netsrak
03-25-2011, 08:48 AM
The backup/restore includes your Postgresql Database for Holdemmanager.

The complete installer contains the postgresql installation.

So if everything runs smooth on the new PC its just:
1. install Holdemmanager including Postgresql)
2. Restore the bacukup

You should save your archived hands (default c:\hmarchive) from the old installation too.

pellshek
03-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Wow, wasn't expecting it to be that easy!

Many thanks Nets.

tmen
05-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Another way of doing this is through the Windows Easy Transfer. It lets you save all your data in standard locations but you can also select custom folders and directories. The file transfer can be done in two ways, one is through the USB port and the other is through the use of LAN.

This one is also easy to use but you need to find the right version for your situation. I found a website that includes this listing.

Transfer data from one PC to another (http://darktips.com/transfer-data-from-one-pc-to-another/)

For my situation I've used the file transfer from Windows XP to Windows Vista. For more clarifications, feel free to psot here and I'll do my best to help you. Thank you!