PDA

View Full Version : can't validate my holdemmanager

yyjn12
03-19-2011, 05:04 AM
hello there,

My holdemmanager requests validate every time I open it.
But today, I get an error that show can not connect the server.

And i found that I can't visit Hold'Em Manager Poker Tracking and Analysis Software (http://www.holdemmanager.net) through the Internet browser now. (holdemmanager.com works fine).

Is it a server problem , or just the network problem?

thanks in advance .

Patvs
03-19-2011, 02:19 PM
.net should redirect you to the .com site.

If you want to access the old .net/registration site (to reset your serial),
we have launched a new online form for resetting your own serial codes.

Please go to Hold'Em Manager Poker Tracking and Analysis Software (http://www.holdemmanager.com) and signup with a new login name and password or use your existing account. After that, simply navigate to "Upload License Code" and you can quickly add your serial code and reset it whenever you need to.

Also read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/24/ICan%27tActivate%26RegisterHoldemManager

yyjn12
03-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Hi Patvs,

Thanks for your reply.

I have two questions.

1 when does holdemmanager software validate ? Mine seems everytime I open it. Is this normal?
2 I bought holdemmanager pro version 1.5 years ago, then I added omaha pro version, it works fine, but right from yesterday, when I open HM, after a few seconds , it popup a window, which is the "Active online now. Requires An active Internet connection". then I click to active , then it shows an Error, which is "can not connect to the remote server".

I am sure this is not a anti-virus or firewall problem. I have tried to use a vpn , and choose a American ip address, it works fine, I can start my holdemmanager when using the vpn.

In the past, when I visit "holdemmanager. net" use firefox, it shows the website. just same as holdemmanager .com. But now, if I visit the .net domain, I get an error.

oh, by the way, I am in China.

sorry for my bad English .

Patvs
03-20-2011, 10:53 AM
HoldemManager validates, when you turn the trial version into the licensed version, when you enter your license key for the first time...
and it will continue to randomly check the license once a month.

When it validates, it tries to connect to our license server.

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Are you using a Internet Explorer proxy setting? See: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/24/ICan%27tActivate%26RegisterHoldemManager

Offtopic: are you by any chance in Beijing?

yyjn12
03-21-2011, 05:39 AM
it will continue to randomly check the license once a month.

Wow, that's the point. I wish it could randomly validate only once in a month.
I have only one computer, which is a Lenovo laptop. Thinkpad T400.
It seems validates every time I restart my computer.

I open holdemmanager, it validates, then the main window appears.
I close holdemmanager, then reopen it, it won't validate, it shows initializing database, then the main window appears.
I shutdown my computer, and restart it.
I open holdemmanager, it validates again.

By "validate" above, I mean , the small window shows "validating \n unrigistered software".

Why this happen ? I have googled it many times, and haven't get an answer.

I have the latest version , which is 1.11.06b. And those serval .exe files run as Administrator.
I am not using IE proxy.

what else can cause this problem then ?

Yes, I am in Beijing, why you ask this ?

I always appreciate your reply.

Patvs
03-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

When I start HoldemManager, it will only show "initializing database".
Can you only by-pass the validation with an American IP using a VPN client?

---

It shouldn't show "validating \n unrigistered software" every time you start the program.

You could try to: First of all, we need to enable the option to see Hidden Files: How to see hidden files in Windows (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html)
http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/images/hidden.jpg
Problems Registering Holdem Manager:

Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic)

This is a hidden SYSTEM file. (not just a regular hidden file)

Also please try this: (this completely debugs the software, and will magically fix all sort of these type of issues)

1.Create a new text document in the Config folder and name it LicDebug
2. Open HM and register
3. Close HM and delete the LicDebug.txt file

yyjn12
03-22-2011, 02:22 AM
Hello Patvs,
I am using windows 7, and the Anti-Virus software is Nod32 version 4.x .

Yesterday I can only by-pass the validation using a VPN client(not only IP address from US , but others will work too, I guess), now I don't need the VPN now. Maybe it was a DNS problem or something, seems it was resolved.

But the validating process still appears everyday.
Yesterday I did every step you post , this morning I try to start HM program, it validates again. (it cost about 10 seconds , showing "validating", before "initializing databases").

Patvs
03-22-2011, 11:48 AM
I double checked on my computer.
On my computer it shows "unregistered software"--> and then "validating" for about half a second.

During this time, it doesn't make a connection to the internet. (nor does it require internet access).

All it does is, read the serial from the file:
C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic

yyjn12
03-23-2011, 01:26 AM
Thank you Patvs.
I know this is a weird problem, not a commonly existing one. In fact if it can by-pass the validating process in 10s every time, I won't really care.
But the problem is , sometimes the network connection is not very strong, it may just hang there. Sometimes I have to retry servel times, this makes a little sick.

If I don't restart my computer , when I reopen HM, it shows "unregistered software"--> and then "validating" for about half a second, just like yours.

I wish we can finally find the evil, but if we can't, I still love holdemmanager.
Any way, I am using it almost everyday, and it works fine, only except for the validating problem.

Patvs
03-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Never turn off your computer, and never reboot would be a "solution"? :)
Unfortunately, I can't think of a real solution.

Actually... try... to turn off the power of your modem/router for 20 seconds... seriously. Or are you connected via Wi-Fi where you have no access to the modem?

yyjn12
04-28-2011, 06:05 AM
It's been many days, and finally I found the evil.
I installed the harddisk driver program, which is a Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver from Lenovo's website (my computer is a Lenovo Laptop, Thinkpad T400). Then enabled the ACHI mode in the BIOS settings.
After I do this, the problem was resolved.

I am very very very sure this is the way I resolved the problem , because I was researching about it, and I am pretty sure nothing else has changed. And I have tested to ensure this.

Hopefully this information would be useful for you guys.

fozzy71
04-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Thank you for posting your solution.