PDA

View Full Version : not all hands are imported

anton079
01-08-2009, 01:00 PM
I have recently backed up my database and restored it on my new computer. However I have a problem with the import of my hands. It seems like that the import just doenst import all te hands I play. Strangely enough the HUD seems to work fine and shows all the hands I have played in the session. For instance yesterday I played a session and my HUD showed that I had won 30.50$ but when I looked in hold em manager it showed only a profit of $1.45.

If I try to import hands manually it still doesnt work and it shows the wrong numbers.

What could be the problem?

morny
01-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Please export your hands from this database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173 and reimport them into a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

anton079
01-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Maybe I was not very clear in my explanation of the problem.
When I restored my database there were no problems at all as all hands were imported. Only when I started playing with my new (restored) database it just doesnt import all hands (the auto import). It looks like it randomly doesnt import some hands tough my HUD does show the correct amount of hands I have played. Furthermore I cant correct this by importing hands afterwards because then HM still skips some imports of hands.

morny
01-08-2009, 08:13 PM
email me the HH to morny@holdemmanager.net and ill have a look

anton079
01-12-2009, 12:35 PM
The HH are not the problem so when I email you the HH your database will perfectly import all the HH because I already tried it with my old database and there were no problems with importing the HH in my old databse.

The problems seems to be the restored database. I tried to import hands without the restored database and with the restored database. When I download HM and start playing without it the import of the HH works fine. However when I have restored the database (in a empty database) not all HH are imported. As I said the HUD is fine but HM just imports e.g. 20 of the 25 hands I have played.

Just importing the HH from my old database to my new database isnt an option because of the 160.000 hands I import I got approximately 130.000 import errors.

I tried almost everything (at least to my knowledge, which regarding computers is not very large I have to admit) but nothing seems to work and it seems very strange to me that my import works perfectly without the restored database but doesnt work with the restored database.

By the way: the restored database is fine I got all my hands etc however when I restore it postgresSQL says that it has ignored 130 errors or something like that. Could that be an explanation? Or should it be something with Vista because I already had some problems with vista installing postgreSQL 8.3 which didnt work while postgreSQL works perfectly.

morny
01-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Well it sounds like the restored database is corrupt, you can email it to me if you like so i can verify but if HM works fine without it and its only an issue when you restore then its pointing to a corruption within that stored database. Did you have the HH themselves backed up, if so just create a new database and manually import them

power_player
01-14-2009, 05:24 AM
Hey Morny,

I have exactly the same problem as Anton: Just reinstalled HM after formatting my harddrive. (incl. the trouble with Postgres)
First time when I imported All my HH's that I had backed up HM import was fine: I could see all my previous results. Then when I started playing, only part of the HH's were shown in the "reports tab" in HM. The HUD was showing them correctly though. Furthermore I couldn't see the individual played hands in HM nor use the hand replayer (cause hands weren't showing obv).
Then I saw this thread so I made a new database, imported all the HH's again, plus the HH's, stored on my EVP/History folder. Now I do see all the hands played yesterday, but a big part of my "old" HH's aren't shown. For example: I can't find any of the hands I have played this month, except for the ones I played yesterday. I am positive that the HH's are in my backup though.

Any more Ideas and do you know what Anton's solution was?

Tx.

morny
01-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Hi can you verify all filters are off http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=129

Also when you imported them was there any errors, if you didnt notice please import them into a new database and let me know if there was any errors

power_player
01-14-2009, 01:33 PM
I checked and all filters are switched off. To be sure I also cleared it.
I imported all HH's twice. Both times the import contained errors, the second one more than the first (can't remember the exact count though).

morny
01-14-2009, 03:15 PM
The errors might explain it then, can you upload the hands to www.yousendit.com and send me a link to morny@holdemmanager.net and ill look into it