PDA

View Full Version : Missing hands after import (Pokerstars).

Boglord
01-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi,

First a bit of background info on my setup to explain the problem better.

I have 3 PCs. One of them is hosting the database (have latest Post on it). One of them has been running HEM for about 6 months w/o any problems.

Today, I installed HEM on my 2nd computer to play around with some lower limits on pokerstars.

On the main PC I play strictly on stars and haven't had any issues yet. It runs Vista.

My second PC is running XP and today after about 50 hands or so I noticed that about 10 of them were not showing up in HEM. I have no errors in the imports and I actually manually checked the HandHistory files and they have the hands that are missing. I am using the same database as I am for my main PC.

I'll try a manual import and report back.

Thanks,

Bogdan

Boglord
01-07-2009, 05:02 PM
I just tried again.

The test limits are 0.01/0.02 so lowest at pokerstars.

I tried with 2 diff HH folders from PS and from a sample of 15 hands only 8 were imported into HEM (all 15 were played by me).

Furthermore when I did a manual import of those hand histories 2 more HHs were added. So a total of 10 out of 15 hands.

It's probably worthy to note that the 2nd PC is using the new version of HEM while my main PC is still using 1.06.04.

Also another very important note to make: the HUD actually displays the correct number of hands played and I can look back at ALL the hands played (via the menu that shows the pots) - including the ones that have not been imported by HEM.

Boglord
01-07-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm also seeing a lot of the new hands that actually made the import have duplicates.

Boglord
01-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Ok,

One last test that I did.

I played on my first PC which has the 1.06 version and all 30 hands showed up in HEM.

So at this point I believe the problem is with the 1.7 version.

morny
01-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Email me those hands that dont import to morny@holdemmanager.net and in the meantime create a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and try reimporting the hands

Boglord
01-07-2009, 10:09 PM
I'd rather not do a new database because my current one has over 9 million hands and it works fine from the HEM 1.06 PC.

I e-mailed you some hands, all from the same table that didn't import.

I have a lot more if you need them.

morny
01-07-2009, 10:16 PM
You dont need to reimport all the hands, just create a new database and import those hands that wouldnt work and then you can switch back to the old 9million database

Boglord
01-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Emailed.

First I'll try installing the 1.06 version on this PC.

Boglord
01-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Is there a place where I can get a full HEM install that's not 1.7 so I can apply 1.06?

morny
01-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Theres nothing in 1.06 that changed regarding importing, just create a new database and reimport those hands that wouldnt import, it will take about 2 minutes.

//EDIT those hands you sent imported fine so it looks like the database is corrupt so export all the hands from the old one http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173 and create a new database and reimport them into the new one

Boglord
01-07-2009, 10:44 PM
I also just reinstalled 1.07 and no hands are showing up even though it's successful in importing.

They show just fine on the HUD.

One other thing that's worth noting is that when I click on change player and choose my player it shows 123 hands while the sessions/reports tab show 79. I think those 123 are all the hands I had played so it has them in but just not showing?

No filters or anything are on, it's pure fresh install.

Boglord
01-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Theres nothing in 1.06 that changed regarding importing, just create a new database and reimport those hands that wouldnt import, it will take about 2 minutes.

//EDIT those hands you sent imported fine so it looks like the database is corrupt so export all the hands from the old one http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173 and create a new database and reimport them into the new one

I'll do it later tonight.

How long does it take to reimport 9 mil hands?

Also, they import fine and show fine when I look for player, like in the (), but not in sessions/reports. Doesn't that mean the DB is fine since there are no errors at import?

Anyway, I'll do the new DB later on.

Al1
01-07-2009, 11:08 PM
I'll do it later tonight.

How long does it take to reimport 9 mil hands?

Also, they import fine and show fine when I look for player, like in the (), but not in sessions/reports. Doesn't that mean the DB is fine since there are no errors at import?

Anyway, I'll do the new DB later on.

Probably around 2 days depending on your computer.

Boglord
01-07-2009, 11:31 PM
I still don't see how it can be the database when it works fine from the 1.06 vs pc and not the other, and also considering all the other facts.

But I'll give it a try.

Boglord
01-08-2009, 01:17 AM
So, I've done a reinstall with the vs that I have on my main pc, which is 1.06.04 and it works fine. All the hands show up and import fine. It even shows the hands I played earlier (except the first couple of sessions, so just missing 20 hands).

I played over 50 hands with this version and all show up fine.

The one odd thing is that even though I installed the 1.06.04 vs (on top of an older version I had) it still shows 1.07. Although some of the 1.07 features aren't there.

Boglord
01-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Probably around 2 days depending on your computer.

How do I go about exporting hands from old DB into new one?

Al1
01-08-2009, 08:30 PM
How do I go about exporting hands from old DB into new one?

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173

Boglord
01-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Is there a way to make Postgres faster given that it's the only thing I run on that PC?

And apparently my DB screwed up now, it starts missing hands on my PC too :/

I guess I'll spend the next few days redoing it, but I'd like Postgres to be faster (atm it imports at a rate of 14-15 hands per sec).

Boglord
01-08-2009, 11:39 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173

I'm doing the export right now but the window shows not responding (it did that as soon as I start the export). Is this normal or should I ctrl+alt+del and restart?

Also, can I do the import into the new DB while I'm doing the export from the other one?

Boglord
01-09-2009, 12:36 AM
The export is done but it looks like it didn't get all the hands.

Somehow it only has 170 files and at import it says it will only take 38 minutes. Did I do something wrong? I followed the FAQ you linked. However the folder is 9 gigs and I also purged about 2 mil hands before exporting so I should have about 8 mil or so.

morny
01-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Your hands would have been exported to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\ExportedHands

Is this the folder you imported from and did you use import from folder?

Boglord
01-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Your hands would have been exported to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\ExportedHands

Is this the folder you imported from and did you use import from folder?

It works for now I think.

Initially it showed 38 mins but then it said that it's importing parts of big files.

This morning after about 11 hours I had about 28k players in my new DB (and the old one had over 200k). So at this rate I'm assuming it will take quite a few days as it does not say the speed anymore.

Do you know if it's safe to interrupt this import for when I play?

Boglord
01-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Could it be possible that the corruption appeared because I was using Auto Import on 2 computers at the same time in the same database (I was playing on my computer and my wife was playing on a 2nd computer)?

Al1
01-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Could it be possible that the corruption appeared because I was using Auto Import on 2 computers at the same time in the same database (I was playing on my computer and my wife was playing on a 2nd computer)?

Generally that's not a problem.

Boglord
01-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Generally that's not a problem.

Ok,

Do you know of any ways to speed the imports up?

I stopped them so I can play some hands and it shows it imported 1.6 mil, and that's over 24 hours... At that rate I need more than 5 days to import all. I think the speed it showed was 20 hands/s.

Boglord
01-10-2009, 01:34 AM
So it looked like the new database helped but now after a second sessions it happens again.

Out of 70 hands only 40 show up.

This DB only has about 2 mil hands in it as well.

EDIT: It looks like hands don't get imported properly when the 2 pcs have autoimport on at the same time.