PDA

View Full Version : Stats are not being refreshed

kriok
01-06-2009, 11:43 PM
So I am having all sorts of problem after I attemped to load a bunch of datamined hands I purchased.

1. I broke my database where all hands were duplicates.
2. Created new database and started working again.
3. Proceeded to load all files, since it took about 4hours to load half decided to play a session. Played the session and after I finished playing 1k hands, I started loading the rest of the datamined hands. All of which are now giving Import Errors. They were Party HH. I tried reading and I posted the error and got no response yet.
4. Decided to start a new session, and although my hands are being imported, I get no stats updated in the Reports Tab nor the Sessions tab. My hands are not showing there.

I am very frustrated with all of this. I just want HEM to work.

Can anyone help?

kriok
01-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Since I was a dba, I decided to take a look and I ran these queries:

select * from players where playername like 'k RIO k'
569;1;"k RIO k";"2009-01-06 21:57:16";2086;0;0

select count(*) from playerhandscashkeycolumns where player_id = 569

select sum(totalplayedhands) from compiledresults_month where player_id = 569

Shouldn't the above numbers be the same?

kriok
01-07-2009, 09:22 AM
I forgot to mention that after 2 or 3 big imports I ran the vacuum analyze database.

I need help for this ASAP.

I uninstalled HEM, reinstalled the full version and installed the beta7 and it still no change.

Today's Datamined hands that I received are showing up with Import Error although it gives no error on a friends computer.

This is very frustrating.:mad:

kriok
01-07-2009, 09:31 AM
I played more after I posted these messages last night.

Ran the queries and here is the result.

select count(*) from playerhandscashkeycolumns where player_id = 569

select sum(totalplayedhands) from compiledresults_month where player_id = 569

It means my hands are not being added to the playerhandscashkeycolumns, but it is being added to the compiledresults_month table.

morny
01-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Sounds like theres an issue with the database again, can you create a new database and reimport please

kriok
01-07-2009, 01:21 PM
I will do this.

However, I can't even export the hands I played because they are not showing on teh REports tab.

I will create a new database and try to recover from the HH saved in my computer.

Al1
01-07-2009, 11:02 PM
I will do this.

However, I can't even export the hands I played because they are not showing on teh REports tab.

I will create a new database and try to recover from the HH saved in my computer.

You can export your hands using this method: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173

kriok
01-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Created new database, and everything seems fine now.

I was able to get it back to where I wanted with some work, but at least I am back on track.

Thanks.

kriok
01-08-2009, 10:51 PM
It broke again.

I have datamined hands from 2 different sites and 2 different stakes.

It's stressful to keep on importing them. I am loading my hands and loading the files I received today. I hope it doesn't break in the future again. You guys have to put some sort of catch to try to figure out what is breaking.

kriok
01-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Frustration...

Created new DB, imported my own hands that I have saved in my "Recycle Directory"

Import some of my hands from November that I exported from old broken database.

Imported 5 Datamined Zipped files...

On the fifth one this happened:

VIEW ATTACHMENT!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Frustrating.

Please find a way for this not to happen.

I will create the fifth db in as many days. I will only import the Datamined hands that I received today.

GL to me!

morny
01-09-2009, 11:22 AM
email me that 5th one with the errors to morny@holdemmanager.net

If your getting this many corrupt databases:

The 2 most common causes of this problems are 1) powering off your computer or having your computer lose power while the database is doing something and 2) an old drive with bad sectors on it. Basically what happens is a small portion of a file gets slightly corrupt and then when you reboot and windows goes into that checkdsk procedure it finds the bad section and, thinking it is doing a good thing, removes it. Postgres then loads the table and a portion of it is gone so it doesn’t like that and blocks access to the entire table. Normally when this happens it is on a completely useless file that you'll never even notice is now gone and quite often it will happen to an index in the DB which can easily be rebuilt but in your case it happened to one or more of the tables.

So, to protect against this

1) keep you hands histories in case you do need to reimport
2) use a power bar and avoid hard shutdowns (when you flick the power switch on the pc)
3) if your drive is old consider replacing it with a new one. They are cheap and much faster now than even a few years ago.

FWIW i have loads of databases, i regularly get HH sent to me i have to import and test, i constantly upgrade to the newest versions and pre beta versions with lots of bugs for testing and i play a reasonable bit and also datamine and import 24 hours a day and i havent had a corrupt database yet so its likely something on your end.

Also attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder and ill see if theres anything wrong there