PDA

View Full Version : Stat definition question and possible suggestion

fnord
01-06-2009, 11:05 AM
For WTSD, the FAQ says "How often you go to showdown when you’ve seen a flop"

So, just so I am clear, if your opponent always folded post flop this would be zero, correct?

Suggestion: Folded post flop stat. I know there are fold to stats for each street, but knowing how often someone did not get to showdown because they folded anywhere along the way post flop (vice winning the hand because the other guy folded) would be a useful stat. Is it possible to define new statistics?

Al1
01-06-2009, 12:26 PM
For WTSD, the FAQ says "How often you go to showdown when you’ve seen a flop"

So, just so I am clear, if your opponent always folded post flop this would be zero, correct?

Mmm, I think it would be nothing and not 0, 0 is a number.

Suggestion: Folded post flop stat. I know there are fold to stats for each street, but knowing how often someone did not get to showdown because they folded anywhere along the way post flop (vice winning the hand because the other guy folded) would be a useful stat. Is it possible to define new statistics?

You can suggest it here: http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/

But, the WTSD stat can also give you some informations about that. For example, if you see a calling station with 60% WTSD, he is not folding a lot postflop. A guy with 15% WTSD will probably fold a lot, but take care if he calls your flopcbet, it's probably on the flop you will find his high fold%. That's just IMO of course.

fnord
01-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Mmm, I think it would be nothing and not 0, 0 is a number.

You can suggest it here: http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/

But, the WTSD stat can also give you some informations about that. For example, if you see a calling station with 60% WTSD, he is not folding a lot postflop. A guy with 15% WTSD will probably fold a lot, but take care if he calls your flopcbet, it's probably on the flop you will find his high fold%. That's just IMO of course.

So, does your opponent folding affect your WTSD or not? That is my key question.

Say I see 100 flops.

Out of those I see a showdown 30 times.

Also, say my opponents fold 40 times before showdown.

So:
Flops: 100
Showdowns: 30
Hands where I folded before SD: 30

Is my WTSD 30 or 50?

I think it is 30, but I am not positive.

Mike chops
01-06-2009, 03:18 PM
I have never found WTSD to be very useful for the reasons you suggest. If I see someone with a low WTSD% does that mean he's a nit and folding good hands or is he playing very agressively and making everybody else fold. The difference is important!

You can use "Won When Saw Flop", but maybe we should add a "Folded When Saw Flop"