PDA

View Full Version : HEM vs PT2 Rake Calculations

Diceman
01-06-2009, 12:21 AM
I've just noticed that HEM says I've paid a ton more rake than PT2 does. At 10NL, we're talking over $200 dollars more. 2NL says like $80 dollars more. Any one else notice that or care? Obviously one of the two programs is wrong.

Perfect example. Between Jan 1 2008 and Feb 1 2008, both HEM and PT2 say I played 4006 hands, PT2 says I paid 29.90$ in rake and HEM says I paid 45.29$ in rake. This was all on one site with no rakeback, etc.

Al1
01-06-2009, 12:40 AM
I've just noticed that HEM says I've paid a ton more rake than PT2 does. At 10NL, we're talking over $200 dollars more. 2NL says like $80 dollars more. Any one else notice that or care? Obviously one of the two programs is wrong.

Perfect example. Between Jan 1 2008 and Feb 1 2008, both HEM and PT2 say I played 4006 hands, PT2 says I paid 29.90$ in rake and HEM says I paid 45.29$ in rake. This was all on one site with no rakeback, etc.

Rake in HM is the MGR.
In PT, it's the Personnal Rake I believe.
Personnal Rake will be added in HM.

Diceman
01-06-2009, 01:06 AM
is there a custom stat that i can add now that will give me personal rake now? do you have an ETA on when personal rake will be added to HM?

Al1
01-06-2009, 11:28 AM
is there a custom stat that i can add now that will give me personal rake now? do you have an ETA on when personal rake will be added to HM?

Escalated to morny (Support), he will answer asap.

morny
01-06-2009, 01:30 PM
See this thread: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3974&postcount=9

Just change it to whatever % you get

Diceman
01-06-2009, 04:49 PM
See this thread: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3974&postcount=9

Just change it to whatever % you get

that stat is for rakeback. i play on stars and do not get rakeback but HEM says i've paid $200 more in rake at 10NL than PT2.

Al1
01-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Yeha, the link morny gives to you is not your request I believe, because it's just the rakeback based on the MGR.

The question was: What's the ETA for the Contributed Rake (I believe it's the name) and not the MGR.

Escalated to morny (Support), he will answer asap.

qza
01-06-2009, 09:19 PM
that stat is for rakeback. i play on stars and do not get rakeback but HEM says i've paid $200 more in rake at 10NL than PT2.

Most people who play on Stars use MGR to figure their rakeback % via the VIP program bonuses, since MGR is what most sites use for rakeback calculations.

The rake figure in PT in the general tab is total rake paid by the player from hands won. If you flopped a monster, stuffed a bunch of money in the pot but had to fold the river, your rake paid would be zero. This is why people like MGR since your action in the hand contributed a % of the total rake taken by the house.

PT also shows the MGR by going into the game notes tab, clicking get all and looking at the MGR collumn. This figure should be the same as what is shown in HM.

For clarification, MGR= rake/players dealt in the hand; contributed rake= rake/players who put money in the pot and total rake= rake paid from hands won.

Diceman
01-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Most people who play on Stars use MGR to figure their rakeback % via the VIP program bonuses, since MGR is what most sites use for rakeback calculations.

The rake figure in PT in the general tab is total rake paid by the player from hands won. If you flopped a monster, stuffed a bunch of money in the pot but had to fold the river, your rake paid would be zero. This is why people like MGR since your action in the hand contributed a % of the total rake taken by the house.

PT also shows the MGR by going into the game notes tab, clicking get all and looking at the MGR collumn. This figure should be the same as what is shown in HM.

For clarification, MGR= rake/players dealt in the hand; contributed rake= rake/players who put money in the pot and total rake= rake paid from hands won.

i agree. ;) i am looking for a custom stat that is total rake. if i dont win the pot, i dont pay the rake(imo) since the winner pays the house, it is all just loss on the hand although i can see how MGR could be useful to some.

im thinking i can use the Won Hand = true filter, but i'm not sure how i can get it to only sum rake when that is the case.

it isnt as cut and dry for me as just adding the custom stat either since i will be using sql in a php script to externally graph this value and that has been the tricky part thus far.

morny
01-07-2009, 12:43 PM
We will be adding alternative methods of calculating rake in the future including contributed rake and whatever other variations exist for the sites were supporting however i dont have an ETA on this at the moment