PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars SNG 1 table incorrect EV

madcoto
03-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Good afternoon mates

I use HM for a long time and i never had my EV line correct.

I don't know how to express myself very good but i'm gonna try to explain..

I am a regular at the 9man 16$ sits at pokerstars and when i see my graph results, my EV line is going a lot under it should..Giving an example...

This month i already played 450 games...and my EV line is nearly 0$ (max 250$ and min 50$) while i'm running +1000$ at the moment.

I'm sure this isn't the normal case that i am running above the EV because this happens no matter if i do 450 games or 10000000 games. The EV line NEVER reaches the green line.

I'm using windows 7 and latest version. Anyone can help me please?

Best regard.
Pedro

Patvs
03-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Create a new empty database and reimport all your hands.

Are you also saving your PokerStars summary files??
Read the Tournament Summary section @ http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/6/Poker+Stars+Setup

madcoto
03-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Hi

Thanks for the answer, but unfortunely it didn't worked.

already have the 1.11.06b version installed and backup/delete dabatase/create new/restore.

Is there any option for the EV line that i didn't know? Maybe using ICM or $EV ?

Canīt understand this, but it seems quite impossible to run EVERY time so far from the ev ...

netsrak
03-17-2011, 09:36 AM
You restored your database from a backup? This has no effect for the EV calculations.

What Pat suggested was to reimport the original handhistory files to a new empty database. During this the EV is recalculated.

madcoto
03-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Sorry...you're totaly right

I have reimported now all the hand historys back and its all the same,.

Unless i am a poker god that run ALWAYS 100 buy ins above the ev, i think i have some strange problem here. :)

Patvs
03-18-2011, 01:20 AM
I'm sure this isn't the normal case that i am running above the EV because this happens no matter if i do 450 games or 10000000 games. The EV line NEVER reaches the green line.

You've played 10000000 games?? Does the EV difference get disproportionally larger and larger...

How many games have you played in total? There's nothing wrong with the All-in EV for PokerStars STTs. Due to the structure of the $14+1 TURBO SNGs it is possible there is extremely All-in EV variance. (similar to the HYPER TURBO / SUPER TURBO SNGs)

But more likely you've just been running above EV in 6000-8000? games.
EV line and green line will catch up again and cross each other in the future!