PDA

View Full Version : all in ev line quick q

praetor
01-05-2009, 06:09 PM
If my Overall winnings line is at say $5k, and my all in ev line is at say -$5k, what does that mean in terms of how I am running when I get it all in?>

Thanks

morny
01-05-2009, 07:41 PM
All answered here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=68

praetor
01-05-2009, 11:10 PM
yeah I saw that and maybe I'm retarded, or slow, but I dont completely understand it, so can you just answer the question posed here pleasE?

thanks

Al1
01-06-2009, 12:36 AM
yeah I saw that and maybe I'm retarded, or slow, but I dont completely understand it, so can you just answer the question posed here pleasE?

thanks

It's means that if your result reflected your equity for the street you were all in, the real result would be the EV graph. In your example, you are running good with 10K$ above the EV. But it doesn't mean you have put your money in the wrong street, it's illustred by that:

2) If you get 95% of your stack in on the turn and the final 5% in on the river then it takes your equity on the street you got all in on, we will be introducing another stat which will try to take into consideration your equity based across all streets which should give a better representation

praetor
01-06-2009, 03:07 PM
but doesnt winnings include all non sd winnings and winnings when you get it in on the river when there is no allin equity, so how can the difference between the two figures be that?

morny
01-06-2009, 03:36 PM
It only includes all in hands, you cant calculate equity on the river as its either 100% or 0%

praetor
01-06-2009, 04:30 PM
I know, thats not what I mean is how can the difference between Winnings and All in Ev be how well or bad you are running, given that The Winnings line includes other types of winning and not jsut all in before the river pots

Al1
01-06-2009, 04:32 PM
but doesnt winnings include all non sd winnings and winnings when you get it in on the river when there is no allin equity, so how can the difference between the two figures be that?

The normal graph include all you really win.
The EV graph include all you really win but adjust all in situation.