PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't load config\PosPref.txt

PatInTheHat
01-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Just attempting lauching the hud and I am encountering this error:

"Couldn't load config\PosPref.txt
If you continue new panel positions will be written
Do you want to continue?"

I see this has been a problem for sometime however I have never experienced it before. I just recently started playing PokerStars which may have something to do with this. I tried updating to version 1.07.01 hoping it might somehow get me past the error however it is still coming up.

Is there any way to recover my layout? I play across 5 different sites with and this is a major job to reposition all my stats.

Mike chops
01-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Sorry for the problems. You should save the positions manually from the File->Save positions menu option on the Table Manager. If the problem happens again you should restore the positions using the File->Restore positions menu option.

PatInTheHat
01-05-2009, 07:15 PM
I do use File > Save position.

I haven't gone ahead and told it to write new panel positions. Is my old layout lost? Am I able to retrieve my layout from backups? Or am I going to have to allow it to write new panel positions, reposition them all again?

morny
01-05-2009, 08:43 PM
If youve used File> Save Positons previous to this error then this time go to File > Restore positions and it should restore the positions for you, did you try this?

PatInTheHat
01-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Yep that seems to have worked. Thanks!