PDA

View Full Version : Error: 58P01 message during full db maintenance

rowhousepd
03-16-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm trying to vacuum analyze my db using the HEM Database Maintenance tool, but several minutes into the full scan, the following message pops up:

ERROR: 58P01: could not access status of transaction 4294967295
The text in the status section of the window is as follows:

3/16/2011 12:09 AM] error: ERROR: 58P01: could not access status of transaction 4294967295[3/16/2011 12:09 AM] error: at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.
d__a.MoveNext()
at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.GetNextResponseObjec t()
at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.GetNextRowDescriptio n()
at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.NextResult()
at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader..ctor(IEnumerable`1 dataEnumeration, CommandBehavior behavior, NpgsqlCommand command, NotificationThreadBlock threadBlock, Boolean synchOnReadError)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.GetReader(CommandBehavior cb)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeDb(String db, Int32 type)
at HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeAsync()[3/16/2011 12:09 AM] Error...please contact support@holdemmanager.comI've tried running it several times, but this keeps happening. Any idea what's up??</processbackendresponses_ver_3>

netsrak
03-16-2011, 04:51 AM
Please try a reindex instead. Does it give the same errors?

If not run the vacuum afterwards.

If it isn't fixed you should backup/restore the database via pgadmin. That has the same effect.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database

rowhousepd
03-17-2011, 12:17 AM
Please try a reindex instead. Does it give the same errors?

If not run the vacuum afterwards.

If it isn't fixed you should backup/restore the database via pgadmin. That has the same effect.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database

Maybe I mis-spoke. I meant I was just using the DB Maintenance tool in HEM which I assumed was just vacuum & analyzing. Do you mean run a reindex through pgadmin? Or does HEM do that too?

rowhousepd
03-17-2011, 12:29 AM
I just reindex w/ pgadmin. At the end of the message window, I got this error:

ERROR: could not access status of transaction 4294967295
DETAIL: Could not open file "pg_clog/0FFF": No such file or directory.Is the db corrupted somehow? Also, if I backup & restore, will my marked hands be preserved?

netsrak
03-17-2011, 05:09 AM
Yep, your database is corrupt.

A backup / restore should include your marked hands as this flag is saved in the database but i remember someone having lost this informations some weeks ago. So i can't guarantee it but you can always switch back to your old database if you restore the backup to a new database under a different name.