PDA

View Full Version : PT3 user wants to change to HEM

yoshi123
01-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Here's the story :

Tried HEM trial. Postgres did not install right or just didn't work.

So I gave up and aborted.

I then tried Pokertracker 3 - Postgres installed fine and I've been using PT3 since.

Everyone tells me I need to change to HEM.

So I want to know how do I change my databases over? Are they compatible with HEM without any conversion? Or do I have to export all the hand histories and start again?

morny
01-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Not sure what network Littlewoods are on but afull list of supported networks are here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=5

To transfer your files from PT to HM just follow this:
PT3 go to Database Management and Then Export Hands to a folder and remember the location. Then In Holdem Manager go to the main Import Folder. If auto import is running click stop import and the click on Import file(s) or Import from folder and select all the files/folder and it will start importing.

If youve any other questions just let me know and everyone is right btw:D

jeff218
01-07-2009, 11:41 PM
I got a couple specific questions related to this exact topic:

1. What folder within PT3 do I need to export from? I just did the entire "processed" folder but that only grabbed about 600k of the 3.5 million hands I have in my database.
2. Can I only export HH files that I have not deleted, or will this do all the hands in my PT database?

morny
01-08-2009, 12:45 PM
1) Im not sure where PT stores the hands so youll need to check with them, its possible you have to specify the folder im not sure. Can you not just export all the hands from PT3 through database management?

2) If you export from PT3 it would export all the HH currently in that database i would imagine but again its something youll need to check with them

jeff218
01-08-2009, 12:49 PM
It is a bit strange, actually.

I posted that message as it was importing at became apparent that I woul dbe missing several million hands. When it was done, I was right. I am about 2.2 million short. However, it got every hand I had personally played.

In short - I have no idea why, and don't care. I got the stuff that mattered most.

Sorry for the false alarm and thanks for the quick reply. Oh, and tell Roy that Jeff at CardRunners said hi! :D

-Jeff