PDA

View Full Version : Bug sorting hand histories, repaint problem? (100% cpu, multiple seconds)

dagrim1
01-04-2009, 09:06 PM
I have some weird problem with sorting hand histories...

Even with smaller samples (100 hands) it takes a number of seconds for the handhistories to sort. Strange thing is that it seems to go faster when I make the HM window smaller...

Looking at the task manager I see the cpu using 100% for a few seconds (have a quadcore, it uses 1 cpu).

Maximizing HM also uses 100% cpu power and takes a number of seconds... very strange.

All this on windows vista 64-bit and the newest drivers (geforce 8800GTS 512MB with 180.48 official WHQL drivers)...

I'll try different drivers tomorrow (downgrade them) and see if I can get more info but is this something known and are there known fixes?

Haven't had any problems on windows xp 32 bit but going back really isn't an option...

morny
01-04-2009, 09:52 PM
This is almost always a graphics driver problem so maybe try a few different versions. Also make sure you have newest version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.07beta.exe

dagrim1
01-05-2009, 10:36 AM
I have the 1.07.01 installed so the newest version... But I'll try some different graphics drivers although the one installed now is the newest (official) driver for my videocard...

dagrim1
01-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Unfortunately no change when using different drivers... I noticed when I uncheck the 'Use visual styles on windows and buttons' it performs as it should but having it checked (which is one of the reasons I switched to Vista) slows it down bigtime...

Switching the 'color scheme' in vista from Windows Aero to Windows Vista Basic (again disabling the graphical effects and candy) speeds it up dramatically.

So without the nice vista eyecandy it works fine, otherwise it slows down bigtime... I'll try to find out if this is also the case for other applications (pokertracker3 for example) and give some more drivers a try as well...

The vista score of my computer is 5.9 btw, also on the graphics department so it should be able to handle things just fine (4GB ram as well)

morny
01-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Thats interesting and ill mention it to Roy, i dont know if its something we can change on our end or whether Microsoft will need to change something but ill ask

dagrim1
01-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Cheers :)

If I can provide any more information please let me know, very willing to help of course! Btw, no sorting issues with PT3...

Rvg72
01-06-2009, 01:00 AM
Hi, I think it is that custom grid I am using - it does some weird things on my Vista pc as well with refreshing slowly. It is in the process of being swapped out for one that should perform much better

Roy

dagrim1
01-06-2009, 06:21 AM
That's great news! Is that a very intensive thing or can we expect it in the next beta/release... any eta on that one btw?

Thanks for the quick response :)

dagrim1
01-18-2009, 06:23 AM
Just an update, I only just thought about running holdemmanager in compatability mode...

Select HoldemManager.exe -> Properties and go to the Compatability tab.

There check 'disable visual themes' and it will perform speedy. Strange consequence though is that the topright window buttons don't work properly anymore. The 'x' (cross) which usually closes HM now makes it 'windowed' it. The 'window' button minimizes it (to the taskbar) and the minimize button (the '_') now doesn't work anymore...

Sorting is speedy this way again though and can always close it using 'File -> Exit'. Just thought I'd mention it, perhaps of use to others as well.

morny
01-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Ok the new grid should solve these problems, in the meantime try this fix for the maximise problem http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?p=17461&posted=1#post17461