PDA

View Full Version : Problem with installation of postgreSQL

anton079
01-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Hey,

I have a little problem with installing postgreSQL. Everything goes ok until the files are installed. I get the following error message when it starts installing the files:

Failed to run initdb: 1!
Please see the logfile in 'C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.3.\tmp\initdb.log'
Note! You must read/copy this logfile before you click OK,
or it will be automatically removed

morny
01-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Please try uninstalling postgreSQL completely and delete the PostgreSQL folder in Program files and then reboot the PC and try reinstalling. If you have a previous database then obviously dont delete the postgreSQL folder

dtylerfritz
01-04-2009, 11:57 PM
hi i had the exact same problem. when i tried to uninstall postresql, i got a message that said "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed"
So im still stuck trying to install postgre.
Please help!

P.S. im using vista but have already turned off my user access control

anton079
01-05-2009, 08:29 AM
I have already tried everything but it doesnt work. I dont have to (and I cant) uninstall it because when the error occurs it cancels the installation and there isnt anything installed (except for an empty map of postgreSQL in program files)

I think I have the same problem as in this forum post: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4192

The event log says exactly the same. But as nothing is installed of postgreSQL at my computer I cant delete the tmp folder or something like that.

I also have checked whether I had the visual C++ runtime which was the case. I have also downloaded the link of Roy in the post mentioned above, just as an extra check tough I am pretty sure it is installed at least that is the case when I look at the installed software. However when I install it I got an error saying: your processor doenst support this.....blablabla

Question to Dtyler: does postgreSQL install something at your computer or is the installation canceled as well? If thats not the case maybe the link above to the other post will help you

anton079
01-05-2009, 08:32 AM
By the way I am using vista too and have turned of my user access control.
Never had problems with XP with postgreSQL installation.

morny
01-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Can you email me morny@holdemmanager.net and we can arrange a teamviewer session. Also link to this thread

dtylerfritz
01-06-2009, 12:03 PM
anton, no the installation is canceled

budehair
01-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Hi,

I was having trouble with the HUD so I tried reinstalling the PostgreSQL. I got to the end when it was installing but got the message that account name postgres had already been used. I tried reinstalling using postgres1 as the account name and now i get the error message 'Internal account lookup failure: No mapping between account names and security ID's was done.

any advice?

Regards,

Budehair

Apologies have just seen this prob elsewhere so will try those soltions.

anton079
01-08-2009, 12:56 PM
I now managed to install postgreSQL. By version 8.3. I have tried everything but I still got the same error. However when I installed version 8.2 there were no problems and the installation went smoothly.