PDA

View Full Version : HEM + COMODO firewall

Tommo
01-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Just wondering if anyone uses the comodo firewall?

I find when i run Holdem manager that in the Proactive defence box the number of suspicious attempts recognized clocks round at the rate of about 1 per second. I know this relates to the importing of the hand histories. Does anyone know how to get Comodo to recognise these as safe and not suspicious?

I have already added the RVG software folder to my safe files but it still doesnt stop the hand histories being recognized as suspicious.

thx

morny
01-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Not sure, maybe contact their support, id also add the PostgreSQL folder in C:\Program Files and the C:\HMarchive and also any folders where your HH are wrote to

jelozano
01-20-2009, 03:24 AM
Hello,

Did you solve the problem with Comodo? I'm a little bored of telling the firewall to let to pass through the HM applications every time I start HM.

Jose

morny
01-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Its not a problem we can solve, HM isnt doing anything its Comodo, not sure why its doing this if the RVG folder and PostgreSQL folders is added to exceptions, its obviously not working properly if its still having problems with files from that folder. There are plenty of free alternatives if their support cant fix it

jelozano
01-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Its not a problem we can solve, HM isnt doing anything its Comodo, not sure why its doing this if the RVG folder and PostgreSQL folders is added to exceptions, its obviously not working properly if its still having problems with files from that folder. There are plenty of free alternatives if their support cant fix it

I was not asking HM for a solution, I was asking the original poster if he was able to configure Comodo not to ask for permission every time it starts HM.

I know its not your fault, of course,
Jose

morny
01-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Ah i didnt notice, i thought you were the original poster bumping looking for a solution

jelozano
01-20-2009, 12:39 PM
Ah i didnt notice, i thought you were the original poster bumping looking for a solution

Ah, no.

The problem is that if I go to the Comodo forums and ask how to configure Holdem Manager, the most probably reply will be:

HOLDEMWHAT???

I will try asking for configuring Comodo and PostgreSQL... Probably it will work.
corp

stretch00
01-20-2009, 12:39 PM
IS it the free version??? If so you can get PC TOOLS FIREWALL+ free version. I use it loved it before I got HM it's got a better rating than comodo from most big review boards/mags/sites,and it works great with my HM. One thing I know you can try is to DISABLE COMODO turn on DEFENDER/WINDOWS FIRE WALL play a few hands close out HM> turn on COMODO try HM again and comodo should have all the paths/ports etc...needed for full access/permission. I am also assuming that you have already given HM AND PGRE SQL FULL ACCESS/PERMISSION,along with ant site you play. Hope this helps

rock-steady
08-03-2009, 08:49 PM
I've just spent the last 6 hours on remote support with a member of comodo to try and get this fixed.

My problem is that when I installed Comodo then click on HEM nothing happens. The only solution we found is to deactivate Defense+ (which is obviously not satisfactory since this is the main part of Comodo).

I also installed it on a new computer and installed HEM afterwards and encountered no problems. The only other suggestion the Comodo support agent had at the end of this was to reinstall HEM and Postgres. I'm not inclined to do this as I've done it in the past and experienced major problems with data loss etc.

He said to check back in a couple of days as he'd ask all the other support members if they'd encountered this problem, and also mention it to the developers to see if there was anything they could do.

I will keep you updated.

fozzy71
08-03-2009, 09:06 PM
I've just spent the last 6 hours on remote support with a member of comodo to try and get this fixed.

My problem is that when I installed Comodo then click on HEM nothing happens. The only solution we found is to deactivate Defense+ (which is obviously not satisfactory since this is the main part of Comodo).

I also installed it on a new computer and installed HEM afterwards and encountered no problems. The only other suggestion the Comodo support agent had at the end of this was to reinstall HEM and Postgres. I'm not inclined to do this as I've done it in the past and experienced major problems with data loss etc.

He said to check back in a couple of days as he'd ask all the other support members if they'd encountered this problem, and also mention it to the developers to see if there was anything they could do.

I will keep you updated.

I have almost no issues with comodo on my xp machine.

If you backup all your config files, processed/archived hands, and export your entire DB to text files as well, you should never get any significant data loss. I reformat and reimport every 4 or 5 months, and don't think I have lost any significant number of hands during the reformat reimport processes.