PDA

View Full Version : acces trouble.

imcyanks
03-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi.

When I restart and run HM appears a window of database control with the port, password and more.. when I press 'Connect' says: A connection with PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like HM attemps to start the service.

If I press "Yes", says HM cant start service and try again, if I press "No" close everything.

The only way I can made work it is unstalling and installing the programs, but I cant do it anytime I use the pc.

What should I do?

Regards

Patvs
03-14-2011, 01:12 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

---

If the problem keeps coming back, make sure pg_ctl.exe and postgres.exe (and port: 5432) are added to the exceptions list of Windows Firewall even if the firewall is turned off.

If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.
Also add the entire PostgreSQL folder to the exceptions list of your antivirus program.

Also install the latest version of PostgreSQL from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)