PDA

View Full Version : HEM changes display to 680 by 480?

chris_k14
01-03-2009, 12:57 PM
I used HEM yesterday on Ipoker and it was fine. I booted up my laptop today loaded HEM and it switched my display to 680 by 480 instantly. I switched it back on the display settings, when i clicked start auto import, the resolution again changed to 680 by 480. What's even stranger is that 800 by 600 is the lowest resolution possible in the display settings?!

Help please, TIA.

morny
01-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Try updating your graphics card but i would say this is something to do with Ipoker as HM dosent change any settings. I know there is a setting within ipoker that changes the resolution to the size of the lobby but im not sure where it is, change that back and it should be fine

chris_k14
01-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Hi,

Sorry for my vague message. OP = Vista

There is no error message, i have no poker clients open. If i boot up my laptop and then start HM, it automatically switches my screen to 680 by 480, which is lower than possible on my laptop (800 by 600).

I use miniview on propaganda poker. I did not change any settings, it does not load in full view and there has been no alterations to any screen sizes on the poker client. I have checked for your suggestion but could not find a such setting under the options.

I used spybot, adaware, reg cure.

I just updated to 1.07.01. Still changes resolution. Any ideas?

Regards,

Chris

morny
01-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Escalated to Roy, hell respond asap

Rvg72
01-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Hi, there is nothing in HM that would tell the computer to change resolutions... I'm not sure what to suggest but maybe try rebooting and then just launch hmhud.exe and see if this happens. if not then try "Import File" and see it happens. Whatever the cause it is almost 100% sure that some other program (or perhaps a corrupt video card driver) is doing this in response to something that is being done in the program but the bug is not withing Holdem Manager meaning there is nothing we could do to stop this if it is happening to you

Roy

chris_k14
01-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Just spoke to a dell representative, he made me check the drivers were ok and all up to date. He said the video card is not corrupt because it is fine on other programs and it is only on this software that the problem occurs.

1) If i launch hmhud.exe just from holdem manager folder resolution stays normal.

2) If i launch holdem manager, resolution changes to 640 by 480 but the whole of the holdem manager screen is visible horizontally i.e. it fits.

3) If i then change my resolution back to what it was and click import file, the resolution is fine, it doesn't change.

4) If however i then click start auto import, the resolution reverts straight back to 640 by 480, but this time part of holdem manager is off the side of the screen and not visible.

Is it possible to just uninstall and reinstall HM?

morny
01-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Yeah try following this to uninstall:

1) Make a backup of "Config" in a safe location
2) Export your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
3) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
4) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
5) Reboot your computer
6) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Upload HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.07beta.exe
8) Test if it works
9) Overwrite the backuped "holdemmanager.config" file in the new Config directory to recover your settings
10) Test if it works
11) Import your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
12) Test if it works

chris_k14
01-05-2009, 06:40 PM
When i try to export my player preferences in HUD options, it comes up with the message, "Please select a site." But there is no where to select a site, i just have to click ok and nothing happens?

morny
01-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Near the top left above Available stats youll see the option to select the site.

chris_k14
01-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Now working perfectly as before. Thanks for the help guys!