PDA

View Full Version : HEM questions?

Snikz
03-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Hello guys

I am a returning poker player, with an absent of 1,5 years.

I mainly play micro/low limit games, Hold Em with Omaha once in a while.

I mainly play MTT's with litle bit of cash and SnG put together.

In Cash i play 0.1/0.2 cash games.
* I hope to get better also at this point because i would love to pay for my tourney's with the money i gain from cash.
- I see that Leak Buster will help me improve alot at this point, because i find cash games facinating
- Also here i can see that Hold Em will be great asset

In SnG i play STT and 90-180 man games once in a while. buy in range 1 - 5 dollars
* I would love to improve in this area aswell
- SitnGo Wizard seems awesome for for me with the quiz mode

In MTT that is my main area (Maybe, change to cash games or SnG)
* Is hold em manager really any good in this area? I know theres tons of HUD setups for this.

Or have i misunderstood Hold Em Manager completely

Thank you

Danni

Patvs
03-14-2011, 12:55 PM
HoldemManager is ALMOST just as useful for MTTs... as it is for SNGs and cashgames.

The three most important tournament features are:
-1 some killer stats you can add to your HUD.
Like: 3bet/fold to 3bet, steal/fold to steal, cbet/fold to cbet, limp-call/limp-fold, donkbet, and number of big blinds left

-2 useful default stats that still apply to MTT players: VPIP, PFR, Aggression Factor

-3 HoldemManager can track your winnings, ROI, and you can filter for all the different tournaments. And use filters how you play certain hands, etc.

---

The only downside is: HoldemManager cannot filter out how an opponent plays in the:
rebuy/addon period vs post rebuy period
early phase of a tournament vs mid phase (based on the size of the big blinds)
And in general you'll have less hands on all your opponents, so it will be a lot more difficult to make good decisions based on your position, cards, stacksize, and stats. Since some stats will only be based on a couple of hands.