PDA

View Full Version : Error message during manual Vacuum

Burkinator99
01-03-2009, 10:23 AM
My DB is more than 60 GB with about 10 million Hands. I purged 3 millions Hands and did a vacuum in HEM. It runs without an error message, but the DB is still 60 GB. So I did a Full Vacuum in pgAdmin III. After 10 minutes the following error message shows up:

INFO: vacuuming "public.handhistories"

ERROR: could not access status of transaction 1345191937
DETAIL: Could not open file "pg_clog/0502": No such file or directory.

In this directory there are just 52 files named from 0000 to 0033.

Will I have to export and reimport all the hands into a new DB? Please not, this could take a loooong time...

morny
01-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Im afraid so as something is damaged so youll need to create a new database and reimport

Burkinator99
01-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Strange, I can import hands and HEM is running perfectly while playing. It will get just too big for my hard disc. Exporting doesn't seem to run as well, it starts then pgAdmin III just stops reacting. I think I will have to reimport all the original hand history files again.... The import speed in my HEM is normally about 10 hands/second so this would take a week or so. :(

I want to build up the new database on my 2nd hard disc. Can I just copy the PostgreSQL folder as well??

morny
01-03-2009, 06:52 PM
You can copy and paste he data folder (just need to stop the postgreSQL service while your doing it and then restart when your done, thats the quickest way but it dosent always work so you may need to do a backup and restore or reimport then hands if the other options dont work.

Burkinator99
01-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm a bit lost with this database stuff. When I create a new DB it does not ask me where I want it - so the new DB is still on my C Harddisc where PostgreSQL is installed. Will I have to uninstall PostgreSQL (how? just deleting the PostgreSQL Folder?) and then download PostgreSQL again (where from? - or download the whole HEM again and start new?).

Or can I just copy the whole PostgreSQL Folder to my D Harddisc???

My computer is very laggy right now. I guess this is because of the enormous disc-space the DB is using on my C Harddisc and it will change again when the DB is on the DATA (D) Harddisc??

morny
01-04-2009, 09:13 PM
The other way is a more advanced way to do it, since your not familiar with it please try this method:

Backup your database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=12

Then uninstall PostgreSQL via control panel, reinstall postgreSQL on the D drive, when you get to step 5 change the location from C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3 to D:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3 by choosing the browse button http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=176 then create a new database and follow the restore instructions from this thread (same as the backup FAQ) http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=12

Then once its backed up successfully and all is working fine then you can delete the C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL folder as your data should now be on drive D so you can free up the space on C