PDA

View Full Version : Problem with defnding blinds filter

Alcibadies
01-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Ok I'm having some learning curve problems here. I'm trying to follow the Article #2 step by step. I successfully worked through the "Stealing Results" section with no problems. I'm unable to perform the "Defending the Blinds" check. First of all I'm not sure what stats to enter in report. I assumed it was just BBs/100 but when I load the "Defend the Blinds" filter I get positve numbers. I certainly don't make money in the blinds. The cutoff value is -75.

One more question please. When performing the "Stealing Results" test the article explained which stats to remove and which to add. Now that I'm finished with this step, I'd like to load the default stats that are listed in the Overall report. How do you do this?

Here is what I'm trying to follow. thx

Defending the Blinds

Again, using the Overall Report click on Filter - Load and choose the "Defend the Blinds" filter. Now you will see how you perform when defending either blind against a steal attempt. If you have a value here of less than -75.0 then you would have been better off folding. If you are aggrresively 3betting steal attempts then you could very well see a positive number here and that's what you should be aiming for.

One other quick question. When you load a custom filter over an already loaded filter ie. load steal success then immediately load multiway flop custom filter, does one replace the other? or should I clear the one loaded filter out before I load a second filter? thx

Alcibadies
01-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Ok I make it easy. Is +75 BBs/100 a believable value for the steal attempts filter?

Is +79 BBs/100 a believable value for the defending the blinds filter?

I am a convert from PT3 and these numbers seem way too high. Is it possible that these could be real values? thx

morny
01-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Yep, im running at 98bb/100 over a 1300 sample, it definetley should be very profitable

//edit if your a TAG/LAG and not running bad or spewing

Alcibadies
01-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Yep, im running at 98bb/100 over a 1300 sample, it definetley should be very profitable

//edit if your a TAG/LAG and not running bad or spewing

thx for responding. Do you know what the numbers seem high?
Is there a conversion to whole numbers to make stats more natural looking?

morny
01-03-2009, 04:18 PM
I dont what you mean " what the numbers seem high"

Basically if your stealing its very profitable because youll win the hand when the blinds fold preflop sometimes and also a cbet will take it down plus the fact your average TAG will steal with a wide range so you can hit disguised hands and get paid off alot.

Basically 75bb/100 (big blinds not big bets which is 2xbb) is 0.75bb on average per hand so if your running at 10bb/100 and your playing 100nl then your making 10c per hand on average. If you play 100 hands youll make 10c x100 = $10 and if you play 1000 hands keeping that winrate youll win $100

Alcibadies
01-04-2009, 02:05 PM
I dont what you mean " what the numbers seem high"

Basically if your stealing its very profitable because youll win the hand when the blinds fold preflop sometimes and also a cbet will take it down plus the fact your average TAG will steal with a wide range so you can hit disguised hands and get paid off alot.

Basically 75bb/100 (big blinds not big bets which is 2xbb) is 0.75bb on average per hand so if your running at 10bb/100 and your playing 100nl then your making 10c per hand on average. If you play 100 hands youll make 10c x100 = $10 and if you play 1000 hands keeping that winrate youll win $100

This makes sense. I'm used to PT3 and the same numbers are decimals ie -0.35 thx