PDA

View Full Version : external sql reports

Diceman
01-02-2009, 10:36 PM
i know i've asked about this subject before but i have a new question. is there by chance a "key" to the sql table as to what rows/columns/etc are what?

with PT2 i developed a sql query to externally graph my poker statistics in cacti. now that i've upgraded to HEM my reliance on PT2 importations continues and i'd like to stop importing my hands into two databases.

sorry to be vague but im not really looking for anyone to write my query for me or anything, just looking for a few pointers on what is what in the tables so i can work on it.

at the minimum if someone could post the sql query that is run to come up with the data that shows up on the default "by stakes" report? i have added a bunch of stats but if i get a few i might be able to better understand the tree and find what else i need or come back with specific information that i cannot find.

thanks!

morny
01-03-2009, 08:11 PM
If you check the custom reports section theres lots of stickies on this and you can also see the reports in the reports folder if you want to look at the specific code behind it

Diceman
01-03-2009, 11:36 PM
If you check the custom reports section theres lots of stickies on this and you can also see the reports in the reports folder if you want to look at the specific code behind it

thanks so much. i just started poking around in the tables and it looks to be fairly straightforward. hopefully the stickies will provide some clarification any questions i come up with.

Diceman
01-04-2009, 12:16 AM
nevermind, im an idiot. got it working. :)

in a nutshell, instead of fighting with sql queries, figuring out joins, maths, etc. i am going setup logging on my postgresql server, run a report that has all the stats that i need, then just copy and paste the sql query from the log. i just looked at a test logging and it writes it out beautifully for me.

i remember spending weeks getting my PT2 code perfected. at least i had something to start with on that too though. i couldn't help but post this since it is just too awesome to keep to myself in case anyone else is doing something like i am.