PDA

View Full Version : Can't Start Hold'em Manager.

Biznis
01-02-2009, 04:30 PM
When I first got holdem manager a few weeks ago it worked just fine, but a week ago when I changed my firewall to F-Secure I have got problems and can't start holdem manager. I have tried reinstalling holdem manager and postgresql, it hasnt worked. I have also tried shutting down f-secure. That didnt work either. The error i get is on the attached jpeg.

Anyone have any idea what to do?

morny
01-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Youll need to follow this FAQ exactly and completely uinistall that firewall http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

Biznis
01-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Yes, this worked. The same way re-installing postgresql did. It started working for the time I had my computer on but once I restarted my computer I got the same error again. So it seems to only be a temporary fix. I could always do this, but if there is a more permanent solution I would be looking for that.

Biznis
01-03-2009, 03:59 AM
Ah, missed the part of uninstalling the firewall. It's strange that F-Secure, being as big as it is would be the full problem of it not working and that there would be no fix to it. I would rather not get rid of my F-Secure internet security since it has been paid for a years advance. So is there a solution around it? I have given all the programs access from F-Secure.

morny
01-03-2009, 08:45 PM
There isnt much we can do when a program blocks postgreSQL, we have noticed that the Vista updates seem to make this problem return in alot of cases as if theyre overriding the previous settings but again its not something that we can change on our end unfortunately.