PDA

View Full Version : pgAdmin3

structure
01-02-2009, 04:36 AM
Im trying to delete some databases, so I started to follow the FAQ, which told me to run pgadmin. I had no pgadmin on my computer (why was this program missing??) so I had someone send me the .exe file (HM support did this). Now I am trying to run the .exe and it is telling me "LIBPQ.dll was not found re-installing the application may fix this problem"

Why am I missing all these files? Should I re-install PostgreSQL? (how do I do this)

Also, if it matters im using postgreSQL 8.2 which I installed a long time ago..

thanks

morny
01-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Yeah youll need to reinstall postgreSQL http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177

structure
01-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Hey, I have read throught the faq at that link and will attempt to do this, however it mentions nothing of uninstalling my older version of postgresql... Is this something I should/need to do first or can I do it after I update?

thanks

morny
01-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Yeah uninstall via control panel > add remove programs (programs and features) and then follow that link for reinstallation

structure
01-02-2009, 04:46 PM
So everything seems to be working correctly, however after a quick check to my task manager, there seems to be a slight problem. There are 6 different postgres.exe processes running.... each taking up about 500K. Why is this, and is there anything I can do?

morny
01-02-2009, 05:47 PM
This is normal to have several instances but if its causing a problem just do a restart and it should sort it out