PDA

View Full Version : Installation Aborted?

IceOnFire
03-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Just went through the Hold'em Manager installation set up and was told that 0the "plpgsql test failed ERROR: language "plpgsql" does not exist" followed by "HINT: Use CREATE LANGUAGE to load the language into the database." Not really sure what this means so if there are any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Patvs
03-13-2011, 05:49 AM
Run the full installer: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe

Only let it install HoldemManager (so NOT PostgreSQL).
Manually install Postgresql by running the 8.4.7 or 9.0.3 installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org).

--

Before you do this. Manually run a Windows Update and install all service packs, .net framework updates, etc.

Let us know in this thread, if you encounter any errors during the PostgreSQL installation.

IceOnFire
03-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks! Hold'em Manager downloaded fine, but when I started installing the 9.0.3 version of postgresql the Setup menu is asking for a Password, saying:

Please provide a password for the database superuser (postgres) and service account (postgres). If the service account already exists in Windows, you must enter the current password for the account. If the account does not exist, it will be created when you click 'Next'.

When I click 'next' it says "You must enter a password to continue"

Just wondering if this should be happening, and if so, what the password is suppose to be?

Thanks!

IceOnFire
03-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Just to add to my note above, now when I go to open the HM program, a pop up appears saying "The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1' so when I click ok the Database Control Panel appears with the following:

-Connect to PostgreSQL-

Holdem Manager needs to know where to find the database. Please enter the details below and click on Connect

Server Name [ 127.0.0.1 ] Port Number [ 5432 ]

Login Name [ postgres ] Password [ postgrespass ] [Connect ]

[ If you do not have PostgresSQL installed then clink on the following link for detailed instructions. ]

No clue what to do here so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Patvs
03-14-2011, 03:41 AM
Password is: postgrespass
If it doesn't accept that as a password, delete the postgres user first (so it will accept any password)

click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /delete' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

IceOnFire
03-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Just did the 'net user postgres /delete' command and it's still not working, I've included the screen images of everything that occurs (in order by number) when I open Hold'em Manager, the Postgresql installer, and the Command Prompt in case this helps. Thanks!

IceOnFire
03-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Postgres screen captures in order of occurance....

IceOnFire
03-14-2011, 09:39 PM
After clicking on Start and then Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt, followed by entering 'net user postgres /delete' -> Enter -- this is the screen that appears....

netsrak
03-15-2011, 07:33 AM
you need to type a space between postgres and /delete

Thats what the syntax message says