PDA

View Full Version : Can't view hands from the past

gpiotter
01-02-2009, 03:03 AM
HM version 1.07, Hud 1.6.4rc10. Is this the newest one?

Win XP.

The main purpose right now in viewing hands from the past is to export them and back 'em up. I was planning on right clicking all the hands and exporting them in weekly blocks into a separate folder. I wish you would add selective export so I wouldn't have to try this, but I digress...I select a date of 10/1/08-10/14/08 and see I've played 30,000 hands. Unfortunately no hands actually show up down below in the hands tab even though I selected show all. I waited about half an hour and nothing happened. I click the sessions tab, reports tab, etc and it's blank on the bottom.

Since that didn't work I selected a smaller range; 10-1-08 to 10-2-08. I have played 3024 hands during that time, but I don't show any hands below on the reports tab nor do I show hands on the "hands" tab even though I have it selected to show all.

I tried viewing hands from last month and it showed them fine. I viewed as many as 500, but didn't want to try viewing them all since there are many.

I then tried viewing hands from Nov, but nothing showed up so I'm wondering if I can only go one month into the past? What am I doing wrong and/or what options do I need to change?

morny
01-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Please try this version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.07beta.exe and if they still dont work then youll need to create a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and reimport the hands into the new database

gpiotter
01-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Please try this version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.07beta.exe and if they still dont work then youll need to create a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and reimport the hands into the new database

The only reason I wanted to view the old hands was to export them and back 'em up. Yesterday I started creating the new database and I went to bed with it saying that it had 5.5 hours left. I slept for about 9 hours only to wake up and find that there are only 11 hours left and 197 of 380 files have been imported; 1.2 million hands. So after 9 hours it has 2x as long as it said when I first went to sleep!

Since it's barely halfway done and says there are 11 hours left; after taking 9.5 hours can I assume that I've probably got over a day left and the 11 hours estimate isn't correct?

I can't be taking another day off while messing with this. Please come up with a way to selectively export hands and a faster way to deal with large databases in the future. I will probably use the task manager to shut this down in an hour or so and then maybe try again tonight hoping it will move fast through the first million hands since they're already in the database.

Second question. I exported all these hands into a file in the HM directory and have been reimporting them. Can I just save this file to a DVD to back the hands up instead of using the backup technique in HM? Or is it possible the file will be too large? Clearly I have over 2 million hands.

Thirdly, can I play while this is importing or will it not be importing the hands I'm currently playing?

Lastly, if this new database is ever created can/should I delete the old one?

morny
01-05-2009, 02:40 PM
It takes a while for the import process to work out the speeds, for example it might start off importing HU and make a quicker calculation than expected and also other things can effect it too. Anyway give it a while and once it settles down and isnt constantly jumping up and down by large amounts then it should be fairly accurate.

You can backup to the DVD if you like, whichever suits

You can play but until it finishes the current import it wont have access to the other folder with your current HH so its best to wait until it finishes unfortunately

We will introduce selective export as soon as possible as we realise its high priority for people

gpiotter
01-05-2009, 03:22 PM
I only play full ring games (well perhaps .5% was at 6max). It said 11 hours at 12:52 and now it says 11.75 hours at 2:25. It's been working for 13 hours already. Well between 11 and 13 hours so it should have the speed worked out

If I stop the import and then restart it when I go to bed tonight will it pick up where it left off? If not will it reimport the duplicate hands at a much faster speed (how much faster)?

If I continue to rebuild this database should I delete the old one when this is finished?

As of 4:45 it's imported 213 of 380 files and 1.5 million hands. Now it says 12 hours, 27 minutes left (prior to importing this last large file it was 12 hours 22 min) at 4:45pm. 11 hours at 12:52 and 4 hours later it says 12.5 hours, lol!! At this rate it will never be finished-literally. I'm importing 25.6 hands/s.

I've got a Intel pentium 4cpu, 2.5ghz, 2.56GB ram and winxp. Nothing else is open except occasionally the internet, but while I was sleeping no other programs were open.

morny
01-05-2009, 07:50 PM
This is unusual, before you head to bed can you completely shut down all other programs like firewalls/antiviurses etc basically everything that wont crash the PC, it shouldnt take anywhere near this long but it sounds like theres something delaying access and antiviruses especially are known to do this

gpiotter
01-06-2009, 11:43 PM
This is unusual, before you head to bed can you completely shut down all other programs like firewalls/antiviurses etc basically everything that wont crash the PC, it shouldnt take anywhere near this long but it sounds like theres something delaying access and antiviruses especially are known to do this

Since there have already been 200 some files imported I deleted the first 200 files (out of the 380 I had exported...to be imported). When I imported the files again; the 180 that I assumed weren't imported yet everything was a duplicate. I stopped the import again after about 50 duplicate files. Should I have deleted the last 200 files instead of the first 200? I hope this makes sense.

morny
01-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Looks like you deleted from the wrong end, just let it import them all, it will will just skip those files, might take a bit longer than normal but it should fly through those duplicate ones. Hopeully disabling all those programs will let it import much quicker than the last time