PDA

View Full Version : Missing Hands

hawkrates
03-11-2011, 11:28 PM
My HEM has been missing hands for months. I just played 987 hands of Rush on FTP and less than 600 were imported. I have similar issues with Poker Stars as well so I don't think it is Rush related.

This has been happening for about 3 months. Most sessions only have 80-90% of hands imported, but there are not noticeable errors and I keep HEM updated.

hawkrates
03-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Another issue with the missing hands, is that there are duplicate hands. I usually filter my biggest losers of a session, and there are multiple instances where a hand is listed twice.

It's great to have a HUD, and I don't worry too much about hands missing there, but using HEM to analyze my own play and profitability is pretty worthless at this point.

Patvs
03-12-2011, 02:55 AM
Duplicate hands is usually a sign of a corrupt database. (which also explains why you're missing many imported hands)

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Create a NEW empty database (options--> database management) and reimport your C:/HMArchive folder.

Which SQL version are you using? Make sure no program (i.e. firewall/antivirus) is monitoring the PostgreSQL server by adding postgres.exe/or the entire PostgreSQL folder to the firewall/antivirus exceptions list

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

hawkrates
03-12-2011, 03:32 AM
Thanks for getting back to me....will do.

Does this explain why periodically I have a hand that shows up as being -500bb EV? Every few thousand hands, I get one that doesn't show up on a report, but does show up on my graph as being -400 to -700 blinds....despite only having 100-200bb in my starting stack. Because it doesn't show up under EVdiff, I can't find the actual hand, but instead have to delete sections at a time just so my graphs don't look hideous. When I have isolated the actual hand, it tends to be one where I had less than 3 blinds in play and didn't see a showdown.

Thanks again.

hawkrates
03-12-2011, 03:44 AM
Created new database and, so far, working like a charm. Just played 108 hands before checking and all 108 are in HEM and my HUD seems to still have stats on other players.

Running 61bb/100 so far, so might not import old hand histories =)

Thanks again for the quick reply and advice.

Patvs
03-13-2011, 03:24 AM
Thanks for getting back to me....will do.

Does this explain why periodically I have a hand that shows up as being -500bb EV?

Yes same issue, caused by the corrupt database. Reimporting all hands into a new database should resolve it. If it ever happens again, also update your PostgreSQL to the latest version.