PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars

will304
03-11-2011, 02:33 PM
I got a update on PS and now my holdem manager wont load keep getting a can not connect to database '127.0.0.1'. Am i just needing to wait for new update?

i have 1.11.06a

Patvs
03-12-2011, 02:52 AM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

will304
03-12-2011, 02:23 PM
I did a uninstall and reinstalled it this morning. It will load up and that pop up showing my table name and info appears but then it does nothing else. I dont get the pop ups display on the table or saving of stats.

It states it cant find any new files below the imprt progress screen. I deleted all the import folders and done the auto detect again.

I am sorry I am not that pc savvy. and may be over looking what to do in this situation on the forums here .

will304
03-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Also when I load it up the first screen that pops up at start up states

Validating

Unregistered software

My license key is uploaded and active when I check it

Patvs
03-13-2011, 02:48 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Set your PokerStars lobby language to English.

will304
03-13-2011, 09:10 PM
I am running windows XP,AVG free 8.5.

My language has always been set to english and still is.

"For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab."

I am sorry could you be more specfic about what i need to do and where ot find thes e things.

Patvs
03-14-2011, 03:35 AM
Update XP to Service Pack 3
Manually run a Windows Update and install ALL updates and .net framework updates.

Set exceptions to the firewall (control panel--> Windows Firewall) for:
port 5432, hmhud.exe, holdemmanager.exe, postgres.exe even if the firewall is turned off.

will304
03-15-2011, 12:57 PM
I cant find exactly where that port is. It needs a name also when i try to add it. I think I got the other things added but it still isnt working at all.

I have had this for 3 weeks or so and it worked great until the other day now i cant get it to to find new files when i start the auto import.

Patvs
03-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file?
Also manually clear all the handhistory files that are "stuck" in your import folders, and move them to the archive folder.

will304
03-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Where do I find those at?

netsrak
03-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(X86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). It may be just called holdemmanager if you've extentions turned off.

The folders for the stuck files are the handhistory folders which you have configured in your auto-import settings.

will304
03-16-2011, 05:54 PM
ok let me try this...Thanks for your time on this problem also

Patvs
03-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Can you delete one of the two duplicate folders for PokerStars:

C:\Program Files\pokerstars\HandHistory,True,True,C:\HMArchiv e
C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory,True,True,C:\HMArchiv e

--

options--> configure auto import folders.

will304
03-17-2011, 11:03 AM
I deleted one of them. It is still dead in the water.

*Auto update did not find any new files...*

Patvs
03-17-2011, 12:20 PM
pm sent