PDA

View Full Version : Available Stats: HUD vs Offline

mfm000
12-30-2008, 06:02 PM
The statistics available for HUD display and offline do not appear to be consistent.

Specifically, the HUD Player Preference option has 16 groups of stats including one named "Continuation Bet".

In the Cash Game section if one wants to "Add Stats" there are only 11 groups to choose from (not including "Custom Stats") none of which is called "Continuation Bet".

I was looking to report on cash game players the HUD stat "CB 3bet Flop CB v raise". Can't find it to report on for cash games. Is it there somewhere?

Would be brilliant if the statistics naming and availability were consistent across the whole product interface.

Al1
01-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Yep, Manager and the HUD are not the "same software". Sometimes, a stats present in the HUD is currently not avaible for the Manager, and conversely.

You can suggest a stat here: http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/

mfm000
01-01-2009, 07:02 PM
How about documentation for each "software version"'s stats so one can see which stats are present/absent in each, what they are called, computational definitions, ...

mfm000
01-09-2009, 05:10 AM
Well the HUD has some documentation (FAQ#156), but the reporting tab stats are undefined.

For the reports tab, "Mind the gap!". For example,
an actual random player in my db has the following stats:

Fold to flop cbet (84/131)
Flop vs PFR:
Check/Fold (37/53)
Fold(44/69)

I would have thought Check/Fold, and Fold would be a complete enumeration of the ways to fold to a cbet. However, somewhere are 3/9 folds to flop cbets (about 7% of the hands) uncategorized in the report tab.
A bit murky since the stats are undefined.

The HUD's stats calculations are not available for scrutiny, since the HUD and the reports are not necessarily using the same calculations.
Not clear what the HUD would report for fold to flop cbet stat.

morny
01-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Well get around to a more detailed FAQ later but stats are constantly added on a regular basis so there not always up to date.

Bare in mind that stats are based on oppurtunities so in some cases for example someone might not have the oppurtunity to check the flop vs a cbet or in the case where their OOP and donk bet they obviously cant fold or check vs a cbet.

So its based on the oppurtunities they had to check or fold not the times that they called a PFR preflop

mfm000
01-09-2009, 08:58 PM
In the data given above the total of the "folds v. the PFR" is *less* than the number of "folds to cbet" i.e. the events in the numerator. Opportunities are in the denominator. I have a hard time imagining a fold that was a "fold to a cbet" which was not also a "fold vs the PFR."

In addition, I've been assuming that "Check/Fold" and 'Fold" wre mutually exclusive. Another reading would be that "Fold" should be a super set of "Check/Fold".

I anxiously await a FAQ with computational definitions for the HUD and reports stats which explains the mysteries :-)