PDA

View Full Version : large database questions - new user

bobbydavro
12-30-2008, 06:47 AM
New to HEM and got a lot of experience with PT3.

In PT3 I have it setup so that I have my played hands database and then multiple observed hands database to keep database size down and speed up.

Then as I acquire large chunks of mined hands I import them into say a 50NL database or a 100NL db and set the HUD to use the appropraite level I'm playing at.

How do I do this in HEM and if not possible how are people managing with DB's of hands over 2million hands and the like. Do you constantly keep deleting databases and creating new ones?

morny
12-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Multi databases isnt supported or needed tbh, alot of people run databases in excess of 10 million without many problems. We will be introducing multi database support at a later stage however it will be slower than using 1 database so it will only be useful for seperating hands and since by then well have selective export to choose what you can export that wont be very useful either so since it wont be very useful its not very high on the priority list

bobbydavro
12-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Ok good to know as long as it can handle several million without slowing down I agree it wont be important. I'll just wang em all in the one database then :)

mappedout
12-30-2008, 11:38 AM
You can just import everything into your main db, then use Options -> Purge Hands at your discretion to delete all hands not played by you within a certain date range. That should keep your active db from getting too big.

Seb
01-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Would this not get rid of your stats on your opponents from the hands that you weren't in? Say from datamined hands? Or am I missing something here?

morny
01-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Yes but in general stats older than 3 months are not very useful unless your using them for research since people can adapt alot over those periods so theyre stats might not reflect there current play if you have old stats