PDA

View Full Version : Can't backup database / export hands

feesjah
12-30-2008, 03:22 AM
Hi,
last month i formatted my pc and i couldnt backup my database(kept getting errors halfway through), and i searched for the errors and tried all the "solutions". i figured after not having vacuumed nor analyzed or backuped my database for 6 months it was my own fault. and i just formatted and started a new one.

Now i wanna backup my database regularly so that it won't happen again. But, it's not working at all this time, i m not even getting any error.

if i try to backup through PG admin III. The small window that should show the status just stops at the first line, nothing happens after... i see the backup file in explorer though but its not growing or anything and definitely not complete(tried restoring it). also no cpu is being used

If i go to database management and click export hands, it just hangs. not using any cpu. if i check the hh export folder, like 5 files have been created, and when i import those files it imports 3k hands (i have 40k hands in my database). the database management window stays there all greyed out and doesnt disappear.

So i hope someone knows what the problem is here, cause i m kinda hesitant to play since i might lose my db anyway. and if thats the case i d rather wait for a new one.

please tell me not all is lost.

thanks in advance,

Rob

morny
12-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Can you email me to setup a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net