PDA

View Full Version : AF% vs Bet% - strange numbers

x-micro
03-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Hello!

I found that my Bet% on every street is more that AF% on same street.

As i understand:

AF%=(bet + raise + (may be)check-raise)/(total amount of times you've seen this street) * 100%

Bet%=(bet)/(total amount of times you've seen this street) * 100%

So AF% should be > that Bet%. Why is it less on every street?

Thanks in advance.

x-micro
03-10-2011, 02:49 PM
I spent 2 hours trying to find any information - the only version is:

My first formula is correct and HM counts AF%=(bet + raise + (may be)check-raise)/(total amount of times you've seen this street) * 100%

But HM counts Bet%=(bet)/(amount of times we were ABLE to bet) * 100%

It means that if for example we went all-in on turn then river in this hand will be added as +1 to first formula denominator, but not for second formula(cause we are unable to bet such rivers)

It is so strange dirrerence cause i suppose that denominators of these parameters shoud be same.

But i have no other versions....

HM support - can you show exact formulas?

P.S. No need to refer to code of every parameter, code for AF% is simple but code for RiverBet is totally unclear. Or please explain what is Riverplayeractiontype_id and what means for example "ph.Riverplayeractiontype_id between 23 and 44"

netsrak
03-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Are you looking for this?

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=3595
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=10810

x-micro
03-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Are you looking for this?

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=3595
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=10810

I saw this, but i can't understand variables:

1) Code for example for Arrgresion frequency on flop:

Stat GroupName="Default" ColumnName="FlopAggPct" ValueExpressions="sum(case when ph.TotalFlopBets > 0 then 1 else 0 end) as BetOnFlop;sum(case when ph.maxstreetseen >= 1 then 1 else 0 end) as SawFlop;" Evaluate="(BetOnFlop)*100.0/(SawFlop)" ColumnHeader="Flop Agg%" ColumnFormat="0.0" ColumnWidth="61" Tooltip="Flop Aggression % is the percent of Flops the player makes an aggressive play"

My questions:
What is ph.TotalFlopBets? It is our flop bets+raises amount? Or what?
What is ph.maxstreetseen >= 1? Is it total amount of times we saw flop? Or what?

2) River Bet % code:

Stat GroupName="River" ColumnName="RiverBet" ValueExpressions="sum(case when ph.Riverplayeractiontype_id between 23 and 44 then 1 else 0 end) as BetRiver;sum(case when ph.Riverplayeractiontype_id between 1 and 22 then 1 else 0 end) as CheckRiver" Evaluate="BetRiver*100.0/(BetRiver+CheckRiver)" ColumnHeader="Bet River%" ColumnFormat="0.0" ColumnWidth="61" Tooltip="% of time player bets the River"

My questions:
The main question - what is ph.Riverplayeractiontype_id??
You referring me to codes but they don't explain me formulas cause of i don't know sense of half of variables

ph.Riverplayeractiontype_id between 23 and 44 - can you explain what does exactly this range means?
ph.Riverplayeractiontype_id between 1 and 22 - and this?

Thanks in advance.

netsrak
03-12-2011, 06:17 AM
I'll forward it

x-micro
03-12-2011, 07:24 AM
I'll forward it

Thanks, i will wait for an answer...

roy.goncalves
03-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Hi,

Bet % = Number of times Bet / Number of times Could Bet

those postflopactionid values just correspond to different lines so for example, id 1 = Check Fold and 11 is Check Call etc. 1 through 22 equal check as the first action while 23 to 44 has bet as the first part of the action. So, that query code is basically just determining if he checked or bet and any other first action (fold / call / raise) is ignored since these are non-bet situations

rg

x-micro
03-14-2011, 02:40 AM
thanks a lot, and what about Aggression Frequency?

roy.goncalves
03-14-2011, 02:47 AM
aggression frequency you had right, it is streets where you bet or raised (including check raise, call raise etc) / streets seen

x-micro
03-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks it'a all clear now, but still a bit strange:

If HM counts Bet % by dividing to "Number of times Could Bet", the AF% then shoud be counted by dividing to "Number of times Could Bet or Raise", shouldn't it?

Please can you explain why HM counts all seen streets in AF% but only "Could Bet" streets in Bet%?

Thanks in advance.

roy.goncalves
03-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Agg Frequency still uses the same concept since on every street you play you have an opportunity to make an aggressive move which is why we divide by total streets.

Bet is a little different because if someone out of position bets before you then you don't have a chance to bet so it wouldn't be fair that HM would lower your bet% because of someone else's actions

Does that make sense now?

rg

x-micro
03-14-2011, 12:41 PM
But what about these situations?

1) All-in on flop. We will definately see turn and river but we are unable to make any aggressive move cause we are all-in already.

2) For example on river opponents bets and bet amount covers our stack so our ONLY variants are CALL or FOLD - so we still see river but we are unable to make any aggressive move.

Thanks in advance.

roy.goncalves
03-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Good points, we'll need to adjust the aggression frequency stat to take those into consideration

Thanks,
Roy