PDA

View Full Version : cant download trial version

ronnieg1974
03-10-2011, 01:10 PM
my trial version download gets all the way to the end of installation then get a message concerning the postgre that says :FATAL: error, then i get a box hedlined 'database control panel' saying that holdem manager needs to know where to find the database, server name 127.0.0.1, port 5432, login name and password. I have reinstalled the programs but nothing seems to work, i manually installed the postgre but at end of installation it asks me for a superuser password, i tried using postgre and thought it worked then got another fatal error, any solutions would be much appreciated as its driving me mad, im not the most pc savvy in the world but its only dowloading a program, how hard can it be ha ha, hope someone can help.

Patvs
03-11-2011, 02:19 AM
Make sure the secondary logon is running: The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt
* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".
A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /delete' (without the quotes) and press enter.
The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL and it will accept any password.

Install PostgreSQL from www.postgresql.org using for password: postgrespass

ronnieg1974
03-11-2011, 10:15 AM
hi i did everything that you asked, thought everything was fine then after installation i started holdem manager and got an error saying 'the folowing error occured when trying to open the database :FATAL:3D000: database "holdem manager" does not exist

I really thought it was gonna work, help please

also at the end of the postgre installation it asked me if i wanted to download some extra things which i did not, hope that doesn't effect anything.
Also when i went into the commant prompt i used the user account on my pc as i dont know the administrators password, the user account has administrators rights aswell.

d000

netsrak
03-11-2011, 12:04 PM
After the "database not found" message please use the create database button to create a new holdemmanager database.