PDA

View Full Version : purge is slowwwww

toohigh
12-29-2008, 04:05 PM
im running the latest beta (1.07) with a db with just over 200k players in it, with hands dating back to 06.

at least 6 hours ago i began the purge process by purging all hands i didn't play in 07, and it got to 3.8 million hands deleted than stopped deleting, and the purging hands window is still open and hasnt done anything.

is it doing anything or did it just stop or what? its been like this for hours now and i dont know what to do.

this is what is on my screen now and nothing else, and as i said, the deleted number of hands hasn't increased for hours. is HEM doing anything right now and is this standard for this many hands or what? should i force quit HEM and run a vacuum/analyze db? any other suggestions?

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/6861/purgenh7.jpg

TIA

morny
12-29-2008, 05:06 PM
It shouldnt take this long however forcing it to close can also occassionaly damage a database but if stays like this much longer i guess youve no choice. If possible leave it as long as possible unless youve your hands backed up, its very unlikely it will damage it so it depends how important your HH are whether you wait or not. Then reboot your PC and run a vacuum and try again