PDA

View Full Version : Error: 42703

lordofdrinks
12-29-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm installing HeM for the third time and I'm having a problem I've never had before: (I am installing it on a friend's computer, I've been using the program for 3-4 months)

After installing everything and importing the hands when we click on the cash tab the following message displays:

"the following error occurred when running this report: ERROR: 42703: column ph.firstpreflopactiontype_id does not exist"

We get the same error message almost wherever we click. We tried to purge hands, re-install or to start a new database. But the problem persisted.

Thanks in advance for any help.

morny
12-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Sounds like the database is damaged, you may be able to fix that index by following this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=168 however im unsure if that will fix and index thats missing it usually fixes one thats corrupt not missing but its worth a try as its your last hope otherwise youll need to export all your hands http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173 then create a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and reimport the hands into this new one

lordofdrinks
01-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Well, we tried everything you told, it didn't work. Then we thought that there should be a general problem in the computer and we formatted it and installed all the programs again. We still get the same errors. I'm going to post the error logs, maybe you can help us with that. Even after importing 5-6 hands we recieve the same error.

It's a pentium 4 2.80 ghz with 512 MB ram, I'm using windows xp with all the updates installed. I am playing on Boss Media and converting my hands with HHconverter. I already checked there is nothing wrong with the converted history files. As I told you before I am using the same system on 3 different computers.

"The Error: ERROR: 42703: column ph.firstpreflopactiontype_ıd does not exist

Occurred when running GetDataTable with this query: select gt.gametypedescription as "gametypedescription",gt.bigblind as "bigblind",count(ph.*) as totalhands,sum(ph.netamountwon)/100.0 as netamountwon,sum(ph.netamountwon/1.0/gt.bigblind) as totalbbs,sum(case when didvpip = true then 1 else 0 end) as vpıphands,sum(case when didpfr = true then 1 else 0 end) as pfrhands,sum(case when ph.preflopaction_id = 3 or ph.preflopaction_id = 4 then 1 else 0 end) as couldthreebet,sum(case when ph.firstpreflopactiontype_ıd = 3 and (ph.preflopaction_id = 3 or ph.preflopaction_id = 4) then 1 else 0 end) as didthreebet,sum(case when ph.maxstreetseen = 4 then 1 else 0 end) as sawshowdown,sum(case when ph.maxstreetseen >= 1 then 1 else 0 end) as sawflop,sum(case when ph.netamountwon > 0 and ph.maxstreetseen = 4 then 1 else 0 end) as wonshowdown,sum(ph.totalflopbets) as flopbets,sum(ph.totalflopcalls) as flopcalls,sum(ph.totalturnbets) as turnbets,sum(ph.totalturncalls) as turncalls,sum(ph.totalriverbets) as riverbets,sum(ph.totalrivercalls) as rivercalls,sum(case when ph.totalflopbets > 0 then 1 else 0 end) as betonflop,sum(case when ph.totalturnbets > 0 then 1 else 0 end) as betonturn,sum(case when ph.maxstreetseen >= 2 then 1 else 0 end) as sawturn,sum(case when ph.totalriverbets > 0 then 1 else 0 end) as betonriver,sum(case when ph.maxstreetseen >= 3 then 1 else 0 end) as sawriver from playerhandscashkeycolumns ph join players pl on (pl.player_id = ph.player_id) join gametypes gt on gt.gametype_id = ph.gametype_id where (ph.player_id = 1) and (ph.gametype_id = 1) group by "gametypedescription","bigblind" order by bigblind desc"

Thanks for any help I can get.

morny
01-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Can you email me the HH, we dont support boss but ill have and look and tell you if its a a problem with the hands or if its something else morny@holdemmanager.net

lordofdrinks
01-23-2009, 06:27 AM
The problem is not related with Boss or any hand histories. We install HM right after formatting the computer and without even importing any hands when we click on the cash tab and HM gives an error.

We tried to import hands from Full Tilt as well but nothing changes because it is related with HM itself not the hands imported.

The exact same problem occured on the second computer we installed HM. These are my poker student's computers and I don't have any problem with my own HM in my computer. It is strange that this error has not been reported by so many other users because we bought two Hold'em manager in the same week for two other computers and both of them gave the same error. maybe we are doing something wrong but actually we just followed the installation guide.

If possible can someone connect to one of the computers with teamviewer and solve the problem?

morny
01-23-2009, 03:25 PM
email me morny@holdemmanager.net and well do a teamviewer session

hdd
03-02-2009, 06:05 PM
I have the exact same error after installing the trial, were you able to fix it?

hdd
03-02-2009, 06:13 PM
I have attached my screenshot if it helps. thank you in advance!

morny
03-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Try repairing the index http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=168 and if that dosent work export the hands http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173 and then create a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and reimport the hands

hdd
03-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Hello morny, thank you for the prompt reply.

I could not fix the index as "ph.firstpreflopactiontype_ıd" does not exist in the index list.

I tried the second solution as well, then created a new DB and imported the hands from the archieve folder, still received the same error, I just have HH's of Everest and PS.

I am running Vista SP1 with 2gb ram and 250gb on a laptop. What else would be the problem?? I really think to buy the software but this happened the 2nd time, I could not run previous version trials as well, and formatted my harddrive a few weeks ago so wanted to try again and no luck once more :/

morny
03-03-2009, 06:23 AM
Hi, can you update to this beta to see if it fixes the problem http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe and ill escalate this to Roy in the meantime.

hdd
03-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Is there a trial period with the new beta? I will try it after I uninstall Postgre and previous version of HEM and let you know what happens.

Btw, I asked the original poster lordofdrinks about how it is solved in his case and he said someone from support solved the problem on two computers via teamviewer, maybe that support guy knows what was wrong and can write a general info about this problem.

I guess it is something regarding the Postgre setup or installation not HEM directly, but it is weird that I had it again with a recently formatted pc :confused:

morny
03-03-2009, 02:51 PM
If you get the name of the support Guy ill ask him directly, it was most likely Roy and hell be along soon to respond

Rvg72
03-03-2009, 07:50 PM
I believe this one was fixed by switching the person's regional setting in Control Panel to English (US) and then rebooting. Something in his locale was interfering with the query creation. Please try that

Roy

hdd
03-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Amazing!! it is gone like it never existed! thank you so much cuz I had this error since like 4-5 months and was the main reason I wasn't near to buying the software, after the trial I'll see what I'll do.

Btw, is there a general user manual explaining the key features etc. or any forum topic about this? I'd appreciate it though its not the right place to ask.

Thanks a ton again!

I believe this one was fixed by switching the person's regional setting in Control Panel to English (US) and then rebooting. Something in his locale was interfering with the query creation. Please try that

Roy

morny
03-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Heres a detailed Manual http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=182

hakansuer
09-13-2009, 09:54 AM
unbelievable!

I was suffering from this problem last few weeks just found time to check the forums now reports are working perfectly with this unbelievable solution.

many thanks

la6ki
09-28-2010, 08:11 AM
That worked for me too, that's the solution!