PDA

View Full Version : Where is agression frequency(PT3)?

devoured_elysium
12-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Is there any aggression frequency on HM? What about Aggression pct? What is that? Is it just an agression factor percentage, as opposed to a number between 0 to 1?

Thanks

morny
12-29-2008, 11:24 AM
All stats are explained here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?topicid=15&faqid=155

devoured_elysium
12-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Still did not understand quite well the concept behind agression pct. If a guy makes a raise/bet 3 in each 5 flops, that'll give him a 60% agression pct on the flop?

So there's no agression frequency like pt3?

morny
12-29-2008, 05:28 PM
I dont know how PT3 calculate their stats youll need to ask them that so im not sure exactly what your trying to find but if you tell me the situation your in and how PT3 stats helps you make the decision then i might be able to provide a better stat or combo of stats to use.

For example someone has 55% with this frequency stats of PT3, what does this tell you, if he has 20% then what does that tell, what about 80%

If you can explain how PT3 calculates it and how you find this useful i should be able to help but i dont know how its calculated.

devoured_elysium
12-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Aggression Frequency is calculated using this formula:

(Times Raised + Times Bet) / (Times Raised + Times Bet + Times Called + Times Folded)

morny
12-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Ok but what i need to know is what do you get from the stat?

If we use HM Aggression % and we take a 300 hand sample on the flop. Lets say he bets 75 times, raises 75 times, calls 75 times and folds 75 times.

HM counts that as 150 aggressive acts from a possible 300 aggressive acts so we know hes aggression is 50%

For PT3:
(Times Raised + Times Bet) / (Times Raised + Times Bet + Times Called + Times Folded)
(75+75) / (75+75+75+75) = 50%

If hes passive lets say he bets 100, raises 0 times and calls 50 times and folds 150 times.
for HM thats 100 aggressive acts from 300 possible so 33.3%

For PT3
(0+100) / (0+100+50+150) = 33.3% so basically PT3 is a fancy way to say Aggressive Action / Total Oppurtunities to make an agrresive act so it looks like they are the same

devoured_elysium
12-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Still did not understand quite well the concept behind agression pct. If a guy makes a raise/bet 3 in each 5 flops, that'll give him a 60% agression pct on the flop?..

morny
12-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Im sure where your getting the maths, HMs is calculated by taking the times he makes an aggressive act divided by the oppurtunities to do so. If he bets or raises 5 times in 5 flops he makes 5 aggressive acts from 5 possible opportunities = 100% and for PT its (5+0) / (5+0+0+0) = 100%, where are you getting 60% from?

edit/// ignore the above i though
raise/bet 3 was a misquote and should have read 3bet instead of bet 3. I see now what you mean. Basically it means 60% of the time hes making an aggressive act. So lets say he raised your Cbet on the flop, youd need to look at hes Call Open stat to see how often hes calling and also hes 3bet stat to see what range hes raising and work out a possible range. The depending on the board texture and what kind of VPIP/PFR stats he has decide whether hes raising the flop light. A 12/10 Nit will see the flop with a tight range and thus he probably has a very good hand a high % of the time so 60% would be about correct, a 50/30 maniac with 60% aggression indicates hes been aggressive with a wide range so bluffs make up alot more of hes range. You should also consider the 3bet a cbet stat as usually someone with less than 10% is raising honestly, 10-15% is your typical TAG and anything above is probably overdoing it so more bluffs are in their range, again with all stats it depends so a nit may have 18% and be raising with a strong range, however a 32/27 lag might have 15% and would have more bluffs in hes range.

So i hope this explains how to interpret it but the main point is theres very little stats that can be interpretted on their own without taking other stats like Vpip,wtsd,Pfr,cbet etc into consideration