PDA

View Full Version : AntiVirus won't let me open HoldemManager.

RedJoker
07-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Hi,

I installed version 1.06.01 today and every time I try to log in my antivirus keeps telling me there's a virus in "DeployLX.Licensing.v3.dll".

I'm using Windows XP.
The AntiVirus is F-Secure 5.43 for Workstations.
It says the virus is type_win32. I've tried disinfecting it but that didn't work, I also tried both deleting and renaming it which it says worked successfully but doesn't actually change anything.

I tried to send a copy of the file to F-Secure so they could verify that it was a false positive but I wasn't able to copy the file.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled HoldemManager a couple of times and tried using both full setup and self extracting.

Thanks for your help.

kidpokeher
07-26-2008, 12:15 AM
I got a virus warning from Kaspersky when an update to HM came out. I notified them of the false positive and now it no longer shows up as a warning. Check with the f-secure site or your virus documentation, there is most likely an email address you can send the file to so they can do the same thing.

RedJoker
07-26-2008, 10:09 AM
I got a virus warning from Kaspersky when an update to HM came out. I notified them of the false positive and now it no longer shows up as a warning. Check with the f-secure site or your virus documentation, there is most likely an email address you can send the file to so they can do the same thing.

Thanks kidpokeher,

I tried to send it to them but the file is protected so I can't copy it or zip it to send it to them.

I managed to get around it by adding the RVG software folder to my excluded list so it's fine again now.

morny
07-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks RJ ill add that solution to the FAQ