PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ICM EV Diff

Andjih
11-19-2020, 08:26 PM
Hi,

I think there is a problem with the ICM EV Diff calculation, as you can see in the screenshot below, sometimes the conversion is not done between All-in Adj Diff and ICM EV Diff (so the total is biased).
Is this a known bug ? If yes, how can I fix it ?

https://zupimages.net/up/20/47/wcnh.jpg (https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/47/wcnh.jpg)

fozzy71
11-20-2020, 09:37 AM
Were there other players in the hand with larger stacks that could act on a later street? If so, this is by design with HM3.

HM3 uses the same equity code as PT4 now which is more accurate and less biased than the code we used for equity in HM2.

In a hand where a player is all-in but other players are not, net adjusted results are not calculated. When one player is all-in preflop and other players are not, then they usually have the option to act postflop and this means that sometimes one of them will fold. Having the option to fold* after another street is dealt means that in the long run there will be more strong hands which get to showdown and less weak hands. If we were to calculate net adjusted results in hands like this it would introduce a systematic bias (because there will be more known strong hands) so we exclude all hands like this from net adjusted calculations. You can read more about this here (https://www.pokertracker.com/blog/2011/10/the-problem-with-all-in-ev-all-in-equity).

*Note: Attempting to calculate adjusted results when unknown but folded cards already called the all-in also introduce a bias into the results so HM3 does not make these calculations in any situation where a player calls the all-in and later folds (even if it's on the same street).

If you don't think that hand fits that criteria you need to export the hand from the reports, or zip/attach the original hand history file for that table/session from the archive, and zip/attach it to a support ticket for us to test as instructed below.

Please zip and email the original problem hand histories and tournament summaries to us as instructed at the bottom of this FAQ (https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/faqView/Holdem-Manager-3/269/How-Are-Missing-Hands-~-Inaccurate-Reports-Fixed%3F#hm3-email-hh). Make sure you also include screenshots of your reports/filters and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, filter, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.

Andjih
11-20-2020, 12:26 PM
Thank you for your answer.

It is not always the case but when it happens, it happens when I am all-in vs one opponent and the opponent is not (opponent's stack is bigger than mine) OR when I am all-in vs one opponent and we have both the exact same stack.

So I will write to the support as you said.

fozzy71
11-21-2020, 11:34 AM
OK, thank you for the details. We will test your hands after we receive them as time allows. Please note that our support volume has been extraordinarily the past week so basic support replies are taking longer than normal and our testing inbox is back-logged quite a bit due to the general support load.

achurrin
01-25-2021, 08:50 PM
The same problem, a lot of allins between two players whith ICM EV diff=0. It happen on sits double or nothing on Winamax.

fozzy71
01-26-2021, 12:15 PM
The same problem, a lot of allins between two players whith ICM EV diff=0. It happen on sits double or nothing on Winamax.

Please see post #2 in this thread that explains why you might see 0 for All-In Adj Diff and ICM EV Diff on multi-way hands. If your hands do not fit either of those criteria then send us the hand history and tournament summary files to us for testing as instructed in that post.

achurrin
01-27-2021, 12:01 PM
Please see post #2 in this thread that explains why you might see 0 for All-In Adj Diff and ICM EV Diff on multi-way hands. If your hands do not fit either of those criteria then send us the hand history and tournament summary files to us for testing as instructed in that post.

No multi-way hands, this error happen on 2-way hands, i'll send you some hand history an tournament summary files from Winamax.