PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL won't complete installation

cdcmo_money
12-29-2008, 05:06 AM
Hi, I follow all of the steps to download and install PostgreSQL, after going through all the steps and does the installation for about 2 minutes and then it stops with this error shown

User 'postgres' could not be created; the password is too short or not complex enough.!

Do I have to use the password postgrespass or can i create my own??

morny
12-29-2008, 11:04 AM
No try using a different username aswell and choose whatever password you like as long as you remember it

cdcmo_money
12-29-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi, I changed the username and password like you told me, but still receive the same error message at the end of installation... I don't know what to do and this is quite frustrating. Do you have anymore tips?

morny
12-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Im not sure, i checked the postgreSQL forums and someone said this in response to someone with the problem

Thats correct you have to give a complex password in combination of atleast 1 Numeric, 1 Spl Character like @#%&* and Cap/small alphabets. it should not be less than 10 Character long.

However ive installed tons of postgresql without using any of these complex passwords but try that and if that dosent work maybe try the postgreSQL forums or google the exact error and see if theres a solution as i dont know what else you could try

shuinthehouse
02-12-2009, 11:51 AM
I ended up creating increasingly complex passwords until i got one to work

JayRen
01-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Ya its pretty crazy I have been trying to get this installed for the last 4 hours now and it just refuses to use any username or password that I create. Keeps saying its not complex enough or too short. As an example here is one of the created passwords I tried to use.

Sx_SV/WiLWS?kt~jMWON|QyV/Etxm?+

This one by the way was the one IT created for itself and it wasn't complex enough. PostgreSQL is pretty shoddy in my book. Guess I am glad I tried the trial version first because if I had paid for this and couldn't even use it..... Oh well guess I can go get PT

Patvs
01-15-2010, 01:27 PM
please try this PostgreSQL version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/pginstaller.exe

When doing a manual install you must set the password to be: postgrespass