PDA

View Full Version : session times don't match Real Time

wilneedheart
12-29-2008, 12:34 AM
and when I go to "Today" the window is blank. I have changed the times at "Day Starts At' but to no avail.

please help!

morny
12-29-2008, 11:11 AM
We dont write the HH the poker sites do, in this case there server obviously has a different timezone to you and hence the difference. My day starts at dosent change the HH time it just makes it so that if you choose show hands from today or yesterday then it adjusts to show you all hands today in your timezone not the server timezone but it dosent actually change the times of the HH

wilneedheart
12-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Thank you for your reply.

Poker Tracker has this function. Will HM one day have it also?

Cheers.

morny
12-30-2008, 12:05 PM
I think youll find that Poker Tracker dosent re-write the HH although i could be wrong, what if your importing 2k hands from say 5 hours ago that were played on a server with the same timezone but you had PT turned off and forgot to import them. It would change the time to now even though they were played 5 hours ago and since the HH were re-written then you'd never know the real time. I presume they use a similar system where it just adjusts the timezone.

To re-write the HH would be a nightmare as it would also slow down importing as HM would have to read the HH, figure out what site its from then adjust the hand based on that, save the HH and then import it. Also since the poker site would be writing to the same text file im not sure if its even possible for 2 programs to access and modify a HH at the same time as 1 of them would get a premissions error and it might possibly not write the HH if thats the case

Anyway the system we have is pretty much the same thing as re-writing it and although we dont have plans to change that we do have plans for multiple timezone support on the to do list