PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Summaries

Alexdspoker
07-01-2020, 01:59 PM
Hello!

I play at Poker Stars and I'm no longer saving tournament summaries. This action saves memory from my SSD and also consumes less time to import hands, for example.

However, I would like to erase old tournament summary from my DB. How can I proceed? Because as I told before, this saves memory from my SSD and I don't use any report from HM to calculate earnings or something like that.

Also, is there any way to stop the tournament detection? I believe this can improve HM3 performance.

Regards,

fozzy71
07-02-2020, 07:25 AM
Hello!

I play at Poker Stars and I'm no longer saving tournament summaries. This action saves memory from my SSD and also consumes less time to import hands, for example.

Most summary files are only 1 KB, which means they take far less space on your drive than the actual hand histories. The extra information they update your database with, for the handful of stats it can update, should likewise be insignificant (or completely null).

We recommend you maintain more than 20% free space on your system drive. Please see this FAQ to clear up some more free space - http://support.holdemmanager.com/support/faqView/Holdem-Manager-3/171/I%26%2339%3Bm-running-out-of-disk-space%7CFalse

You could also move your HM3 Database(s) to another drive with more free space if you want.

Simply close HM3 and exit the HM3 Server icon from your system tray via the right-click menu.

Use Windows Explorer to find the following folder on your computer:*C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases

Right-click - 'Cut' the file and go to the folder you want the database to be at in Windows Explorer then right-click - 'Paste'. *Once it is done moving simply double left-click that *.hmdb file to launch HM3 so it will know where your database is now located the next time you launch HM3.

*Note: If you move it from a SSD to a HDD you may suffer a decrease in performance

However, I would like to erase old tournament summary from my DB. How can I proceed? Because as I told before, this saves memory from my SSD and I don't use any report from HM to calculate earnings or something like that.

You can find all the orignal Tournament Summary (TS) files in the same archive folders* as the Hand History (HH) files for those same tournaments if you want to delete them, but I do not recommend you do this for a number of reasons. The space savings will not be very significant, your results will be inaccurate, you could accidentally delete the HH files by mistake, etc.

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM3Archive is in C:\HM3Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Network\Month\DayOfMonth (example: C:\HM3Archive\SiteName\2016\07\31).* It is configured in the Tools - Settings - Import menu.

You can purge old cash/tournament hands from the database if you want to reclaim some free space but you will have to manually vacuum/compact the database after the purge to reclaim the space.

- Install the SQLite Browser - https://sqlitebrowser.org/dl/
- Restart your computer and leave HM3 and the HM3 Server (HUD Only Mode) closed.
- Launch the SQLite Browser program and then click 'Open Database' option, switch the File Type box to 'All Files' and select your database you want to compact.
- Now click Tools - 'Compact Database...' - 'OK'.
- The process will likely say 'not responding' but just be patient as it can take a good bit of time for larger databases.
- When the process finishes the 'Compact Database' window that had popped up will close and then you can close the main DB Browser software.

Here is a short video example of me showing the process on an old test database - https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxknx2tld0fh77e/Vacuum%20HM3%20SQLite%20Dabtase%20with%20Browser.m p4?dl=0

Also, is there any way to stop the tournament detection? I believe this can improve HM3 performance.

Regards,

There is no way to safely disable this that I am aware of.

The auto detection after a manual import can take some time but it won't prevent you from playing. If you start the auto import process it will pause the tourney detection so you can play live, then the detection process will resume after the auto import process, or after you restart HM3, to finish the rest of the tournaments - https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/faqView/Holdem-Manager-3/233/Tournament-Detection-%28Automatic-%26-Manual%29

fozzy71
07-02-2020, 07:51 AM

This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *

HMT-5565: Add option to disable Auto and Manual Tournament Detection

If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link (https://support.holdemmanager.com/) and include "Notify Me When HMT-5565 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

Alexdspoker
07-02-2020, 12:56 PM
Thank you, proceeded with the notification as you informed.