PDA

View Full Version : HUD desapears for a couple of hands - ZOOM

Hilips
05-02-2020, 10:03 AM
When multi-tabling PS.pt zoom tables, the HUD disappears randomly for a hand or two on one table, still shows up fine on others, and then gets back to life. It happens on all tables, not just one, but it's just one or two at the same time.

Anything i can do to improve this behavior? It's a known bug?

Hilips
05-02-2020, 01:53 PM
Problem solved.

For future reference:

HM3 was auto-importing hh from 4 diferente PS locations, for some reason. Deleted all 4, click the auto detect button, auto detected the wrong folder. For same reason PS have one hand history folder named "HH" and another one named "HandHistory", HM3 was detecting the "HH" as default, which was the wrong one, deleted that one, added the right one, and working perfectly now.

Not sure why this was impacting the HUD so much, since the hands were importing just fine, but the HUD just stopped all the time, one table at the time, with 2+ tables opened. Working now, that's what matters.

Hilips
05-02-2020, 07:35 PM
I was wrong.

Now playing a real session in 6 tables, the HUD goes on a off for a couple of hands on random tables and works on other. It's a mess.

fozzy71
05-03-2020, 09:20 AM
Are you mixing zoom and reg tables?

We've seen a PokerStars bug where it can stop writing the Zoom seating files HM requires when regular tables are opened. You can verify this for yourself:

1. Open this folder:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerStars\Audit

If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/130/How+to+See+Hidden+Files+in+Windows+

2. With HM3 closed start PokerStars and join one Zoom table.

3. Confirm seating files for the Zoom table appear in the folder in step 1 for each new hand (this is how HM3 knows who is seated).

4. Open a regular table. Does PokerStars continue to generate seating files for the Zoom table? If not then unfortunately that is a PokerStars issue.

Hilips
05-03-2020, 09:56 AM
No, just zoom.

I'v read that, but it doesn't happen with HM2. And AFAIK it doesn't happen when one tabling. Granted, i only play one table when testing this issue, so, just 50 hands tops.

Edit:

Just testing now while one tabling, the file is created in the beginning of each hand. But sometimes it doesn't. I see that.

Rant warning:

Now, you'r saying to me that PS is to blame here, i get that, i have seen support say that to multiple people here and on 2+2, but on the other hand the previous older version of Holdem Manager handles this just fine. Wouldn't be fair to say, a better way?

Just thinking out loud. No need to answer. You have no blame on this, you'v been super helpful as always.

FWIW, i was using an older version o PS, because i don't want to update to aurora graphics thingy, brakes Starshelper, and i'v update to the new version just to check if this problem was solved on PS part. It isn't. So, this have been happening for months now, and people can't use HM3 HUD on Zoom until they fixed it? I have seen a half a dozen complaints with this issue, but that doesn't seem much.

I have seen other people use HM3 on zoom in Twitch and Youtube, i don't recall this happening. It's something that only happens on PS.pt/es/fr? Maybe there's something that prevents the file to be written?

This guy on Youtube is using HM3 while playing 500z and i don't see him lose the HUD one single time.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgrtlwmVp7GbeSGJBPdzlRQ

Any idea?

fozzy71
05-04-2020, 08:34 AM
Does it still happen in their new client if you disable the aurora option, restart their client and test Zoom without a tracker and HUD?

If their audit file is intermittently not updating when HM2/3 or PT4 are not running then the problems with their audit files not updating are their own and not caused by a conflict with us, according to our developers. This usually gets reported to us when someone is mixing zoom and reg tables, usually with the zoom tables being opened first but I have seen it reported to happen when a user had 4 reg tables opened first then added a zoom table.

IuriTPena
05-05-2020, 01:49 PM
No, just zoom.

I'v read that, but it doesn't happen with HM2. And AFAIK it doesn't happen when one tabling. Granted, i only play one table when testing this issue, so, just 50 hands tops.

Edit:

Just testing now while one tabling, the file is created in the beginning of each hand. But sometimes it doesn't. I see that.

Rant warning:

Now, you'r saying to me that PS is to blame here, i get that, i have seen support say that to multiple people here and on 2+2, but on the other hand the previous older version of Holdem Manager handles this just fine. Wouldn't be fair to say, a better way?

Just thinking out loud. No need to answer. You have no blame on this, you'v been super helpful as always.

FWIW, i was using an older version o PS, because i don't want to update to aurora graphics thingy, brakes Starshelper, and i'v update to the new version just to check if this problem was solved on PS part. It isn't. So, this have been happening for months now, and people can't use HM3 HUD on Zoom until they fixed it? I have seen a half a dozen complaints with this issue, but that doesn't seem much.

I have seen other people use HM3 on zoom in Twitch and Youtube, i don't recall this happening. It's something that only happens on PS.pt/es/fr? Maybe there's something that prevents the file to be written?

This guy on Youtube is using HM3 while playing 500z and i don't see him lose the HUD one single time.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgrtlwmVp7GbeSGJBPdzlRQ

Any idea?

It happens with Pokerstars.com too.