PDA

View Full Version : Filter query causing missing hands?

Knowlestoo
03-04-2020, 11:17 AM
I ran a simple filter of "Position = Button and HandDateTime={d'LastMonths=6'} and FacingPreflopThreeBet=false and (NumberOfPlayersSawFlop = 2) and AllInOnPreflop=false and FacingUnopenedPotPreflop=true". This yields 9,229 hands in my database.

I wanted to look at differences in win rate by Paired Texture. There are 3 options that are mutually exclusive and the number of hands in each should come back to 9,229. However, what HM3 returns are 15 trips boards, 743 paired boards and 3,679 unpaired boards for a total of 4,437 i.e. less than half of the hands.

What am I doing wrong?

fozzy71
03-05-2020, 11:57 AM
There are some known issues using the HandDateTime filter's predefined and/or custom ranges. Try using the actual calendar dates for the past 6 months instead (i.e between 05Sep2019 <-> 05Mar2020) and if that doesn't help we will need to have you reproduce the issues and send us some log files, step by step details of how we can reproduce the issues and screenshots of the filters/results to see if we can duplicate the issue in our own test databases.

Please reproduce the problem and click the 'Send Feedback' button from the left sidebar menu (or from the 'Help' menu at the top), or choose 'Yes' if prompted to submit an error report, and send your logs and config files with a detailed step by step description of the problem that we can use to try and reproduce the problem. Also include a link to this forum thread and your forum user name.

You can then add any screenshots or other files by opening the support ticket on our site. Here is a direct link (https://support.holdemmanager.com/user/mytickets/) to your My Tickets page.

If you are unable to send the logs via the automated system for any reason you can collect and send the logs manually (https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/faqView/Holdem-Manager-3/194/How-to-send-HM3-log-files-to-support).

Knowlestoo
03-05-2020, 12:12 PM
It's difficult to reproduce. The bugs are in the filter construction through the filter editor. If I build up the filter slowly and type each piece, I get out the hands and total match up. The actual issue was that HM3 originally returned 9,229 hands and that is the incorrect figure. The 4.4k figure is the right one so something, perhaps in the restriction to just the BTN, caused more hands to pass through the filter.

If I can replicate it, I'll submit a bug report.