PDA

View Full Version : Emailed PokerStars tournament summaries not updating missing results

luckylucky
01-28-2020, 12:47 AM
I had a number of missing results in both PT4 and HM3. I got the summaries from PokerStars, put them into one single file on my desktop. When I uploaded the summaries to PokerStars it successfully updated the results. However on HM3, the results still did not get updated.
Some information that might help....I took a look at a couple of regular Tournament Summaries already on my hard drive and there are a few differences between them and the emailed summaries. On the locally stored summaries, there is a start time, whereas there is both a start time and a finish time on the emailed file. Also on the locally stored file, it has the hand number I was eliminated at, it doesn't have this info on the emailed files.

fozzy71
01-28-2020, 09:04 AM
Did you also post this same thing on 2+2? Please don't cross-post the same question to multiple support channels.

Were the tourney summary files sent as audit htm/html files or csv files? Only audit files requested from the PokerStars Lobby in csv format are currently supported.

HMT-2894
pokerstars mtt/sng htm/htmL audit files are not imported/recognized

This issue has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve. If you want to be notified when it is fixed please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link (https://support.holdemmanager.com/) and include "Notify Me When HMT-2894 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

If the files were csv or saved from email to plain text and not working to update the results then we need the original hands and summaries sent in attached to a support ticket. If they were sent to you in the body of an email instead of attached as files then we need the actual email from stars forwarded to us: support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread and your forum name.

luckylucky
01-28-2020, 10:06 AM
Yes I did, apologies, I won't do that again. I just had individual emails for seperate tournaments sent. I'll request the csv format from pokerstars, as long as there is a way to import them that's fine, thanks for your help.

Edit: I just tested with the Audit CSV files and it didn't update the tournament results unfortunately

udbrky
01-29-2020, 02:27 AM
Yes I did, apologies, I won't do that again. I just had individual emails for seperate tournaments sent. I'll request the csv format from pokerstars, as long as there is a way to import them that's fine, thanks for your help.

Edit: I just tested with the Audit CSV files and it didn't update the tournament results unfortunately

Are you importing the htm summaryies?

fozzy71
01-29-2020, 09:01 AM
Please zip/send us the original text hand history files and the csv/htm files for testing as explained at the bottom of this FAQ - https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/faqView/Holdem-Manager-3/269/How-Are-Missing-Hands-~-Inaccurate-Reports-Fixed%3F#hm3-email-hh

luckylucky
01-29-2020, 09:54 AM
Looking at your replies, I can see what the problem was. The tournament was still missing hand histories, it mustn't be updating the finish position even though it was included in the summaries I got. When I got the full tournament history from PokerStars and uploaded that, it solved the problem. Thanks for your help.

udbrky
01-29-2020, 04:56 PM
You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.

luckylucky
01-29-2020, 08:56 PM
Btw you are probably aware of this, but just in case you're not. When a tournament is missing a result, importing the summaries alone updates this on PT4, this doesn't work with HM3, you need the complete HandHistory. On the one hand I guess that's good because it forces you to properly update the database with the full detail, but on the other hand it is a capability missing from HM3.

fozzy71
01-30-2020, 08:23 AM
Btw you are probably aware of this, but just in case you're not. When a tournament is missing a result, importing the summaries alone updates this on PT4, this doesn't work with HM3, you need the complete HandHistory. On the one hand I guess that's good because it forces you to properly update the database with the full detail, but on the other hand it is a capability missing from HM3.

HM2 and HM3 both have to have hands for the tournament imported before the summary can be imported. HM3 uses the same parser (importer) code as PT4 so it should behave similarly as far as I know. I just tried importing a random customer Stars summary file to a test database and can't see that hero in my reports. If you can duplicate this in a new empty database and send us the HH/TS files and detailed steps of how to reproduce the issue we can see if our devs can have HM3 do the same.

luckylucky
02-01-2020, 01:26 AM
Sorry, I thought I had replied to this yesterday. PT4 needs to have hands in the database also, the difference is though it just needs to have hands, it can have hands missing from the tournament, and as long as it has the summary, it will update the result. HM3 seems to need the full tournament Hand history or at least the bit where it says where the player has finished.

fozzy71
02-01-2020, 09:38 AM
Sorry, I thought I had replied to this yesterday. PT4 needs to have hands in the database also, the difference is though it just needs to have hands, it can have hands missing from the tournament, and as long as it has the summary, it will update the result. HM3 seems to need the full tournament Hand history or at least the bit where it says where the player has finished.

Interesting, I had forgot about this but now that you explain it does sound familiar (I think someone may have mentioned this regarding PT4 vs HM2 years ago).

Do you have original HH/TS file samples you can use to duplicate this in HM3/PT4? If so please send them to us with screenshots/details of the errors and step by step details of how to duplicate the issue in HM3 that PT4 doesn't have. They both use the same parsing and tournament detection system AFAIK so in theory our devs should be able to make HM3 do it if PT4 can.

Please zip and email the original problem hand histories and tournament summaries to us as instructed at the bottom of this FAQ (https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/faqView/Holdem-Manager-3/269/How-Are-Missing-Hands-~-Inaccurate-Reports-Fixed%3F#hm3-email-hh).

Make sure you also include screenshots of your reports/filters and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, filter, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.

luckylucky
02-03-2020, 04:30 AM
Interesting, I had forgot about this but now that you explain it does sound familiar (I think someone may have mentioned this regarding PT4 vs HM2 years ago).

Do you have original HH/TS file samples you can use to duplicate this in HM3/PT4? If so please send them to us with screenshots/details of the errors and step by step details of how to duplicate the issue in HM3 that PT4 doesn't have. They both use the same parsing and tournament detection system AFAIK so in theory our devs should be able to make HM3 do it if PT4 can.

Please zip and email the original problem hand histories and tournament summaries to us as instructed at the bottom of this FAQ (https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/faqView/Holdem-Manager-3/269/How-Are-Missing-Hands-~-Inaccurate-Reports-Fixed%3F#hm3-email-hh).

Make sure you also include screenshots of your reports/filters and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, filter, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.

Ok, though I might have to do a bit of digging around to try to find the tournaments in question. I don't think PT4 works totally smoothly in this area either btw, there are some other niggly things there. These issues are basically happening due to disconnects. I don't see any warnings on either HM3 or PT4 to warn the user about this incomplete information, though I guess the average user might not be that bothered for the odd bit of missing or incomplete info in the database. Anyway I'll see a bit later if I can locate the tournaments and then the corrected hand histories and summaries.