PDA

View Full Version : custom reports stats

PrinceSO
01-23-2020, 06:25 PM
Hi,

I created a custom report with a huge amount of stats for one of the reports I use quite frequently. I saved this report afterwards and now I want to know if there is a way to load all the added stats into the other reports I use often?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Rob

udbrky
01-24-2020, 12:27 AM

PrinceSO
01-24-2020, 06:40 AM
I am not sure what you mean exactly or maybe I didnt explain my problem clearly ^^
I added a screenshot and colormarked the important stuff.

I added in the stack size report (green) a lot of stats (red) and I want to know if I can add those stats automatically to the other reports I use often (yellow). Because I did add a huge amount of stats it will take at least 2 hours+ to add them again manually to the other reports.

I hope it's clear what I mean:-) is there a way (for example copy paste the content of the reportfile etc) to do this quicker?

fozzy71
01-24-2020, 08:07 AM
There is no way to do what you want and that was never possible in HM2 either AFAIK. Each and every report has to be customized manually.

The previous reply was trying to suggest you could perhaps manually edit the reports by copy/pasting bits from the report you already modified but that is not something I would ever suggest as I don't even know if it would be technically possible. I am deleting that reply so as to not cause you or anyone else more problems.

PrinceSO
01-24-2020, 09:12 AM
Ok I see.

I have one more question, if I want to save my reports and all the other configs I made (alias etc), I can either use the backup function or backup the whole "Holdem Manager"-folder in "Appdata/Roaming/Max Value Software" right?

udbrky
01-24-2020, 09:30 PM
You can backup the reports folder and config folders and the holdemmanager.config file in our main roaming folder.

fozzy71
01-25-2020, 08:36 AM
Ok I see.

I have one more question, if I want to save my reports and all the other configs I made (alias etc), I can either use the backup function or backup the whole "Holdem Manager"-folder in "Appdata/Roaming/Max Value Software" right?

That folder does not contain your database. To backup the database (hands, alias, etc) along with any settings, HUDs and 'Saved' reports you should use the Tools - Backup/Restore Database... options. It will not backup our default reports that you may have edited but it will backup any reports that used the 'Save report as...' button on so they are part of the Report Selector 'Saved Reports' first section.

This is easy to verify and see by creating backup file then unzipping it with 7zip to see the contents:

This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt, or you have hardware problems, you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results if necessary. I recommend keeping at least the most recent 2 or 3 backups in case the most recent one does not restore properly you can try the previous backup. You can make a backup of the active database at any time by using the Tools - 'Backup Database...' menu.

I also recommend you backup the C:\HM3Archive regularly. I have mine in a sub-folder of my google drive account. Just make sure you never save/create a working database in a sub-folder of a cloud service like google drive or similar as it will corrupt the database beyond repair from all the syncing while it is trying to write hands to the database.

fozzy71
01-25-2020, 08:38 AM
If you have customized some of the default reports and want to be able to use those without having to save them with a new name then you could manually backup the \Reports\Default files from the Roaming directories. In the future we hope to be able to export/import any reports:

HMT-4348
Add export/import feature for custom/saved reports

This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link (https://support.holdemmanager.com/) and include "Notify Me When HMT-4348 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

PrinceSO
01-26-2020, 04:41 AM
Thanks for the detailed answer guys!

PrinceSO
01-26-2020, 04:46 AM
This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link (https://support.holdemmanager.com/) and include "Notify Me When HMT-4348 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

Awesome. I will send an email. TY