PDA

View Full Version : Can I combine the histories of multiple aliases into one report?

Statsman1
12-15-2019, 04:12 PM
I have an alias for PokerStars (4,400 hands), and a different alias for Pacific Poker (3,700 hands).

I'd like to combine the hands and results from both sites in the reports.

Is this possible? I can examine all the hands from one alias at a time, but not both aliases in the same report, as far as I can see.

Thank you for any assistance!

udbrky
12-16-2019, 03:19 AM
Use the alias. Create an alias and add both site names to it, then choose that alias in reports.

Statsman1
12-16-2019, 10:15 PM
Thanks, Chris!

Worked perfectly!

For what it's worth, trying the same thing does not appear to work properly in HM2.

fozzy71
12-17-2019, 01:44 PM
For what it's worth, trying the same thing does not appear to work properly in HM2.

Aliases worked just fine for me last time I rebuilt my database with it. I just tested again and it worked as expected (https://www.dropbox.com/s/3enbua80b3ak6p1/2019-12-17_12h42_34.mp4?dl=0).

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and send your HM2Logs folder (http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support %3F) with screenshots and a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing, with a link to this thread and your forum name.

Statsman1
12-17-2019, 01:47 PM
OK, maybe I was doing something wrong...I could create the alias, combine the other two...but was unable to get a report showing any combined results.

I'll try again.

Thank you!

fozzy71
12-17-2019, 01:51 PM
OK, maybe I was doing something wrong...I could create the alias, combine the other two...but was unable to get a report showing any combined results.

I'll try again.

Thank you!

The process in HM2 is pretty much exactly the same as it is for HM3. The first hyperlink in my post is a video of my test, if you haven't seen it yet. Once you create the alias and select the alias as the active player the combined data should show in the HM2 reports just like it did for you in HM3 (and for me with HM2 in that video).

Edit: There is a slight chance a corrupt database could cause aliases to fail. If you continue to have problems send us logs, screenshots, and detailed step by step description of your process you used and the errors you saw, or didn't see.