PDA

View Full Version : HM3 HUD shows random players when first starting up

Knowlestoo
12-13-2019, 09:06 AM
Is there a reason why HM3 HUD shows random players for the first 20 minutes or so after starting up?

There is another bug where the HUD stops working after some time. The fix to this is to use Task Manager to close HM3 then restart. But then (as well as the first time I start it up in the day) it shows random players for a while before settling down. It also shows all hands imported as errors during this period before finally showing them as valid imported hands.

This error has caught me out a couple times making bad plays because I'm not looking at the right stats for that player.

fozzy71
12-13-2019, 09:34 AM
Is there a reason why HM3 HUD shows random players for the first 20 minutes or so after starting up?

If you use preferred seating options at your site the table has to 'spin' when you get seated to put you in the preferred seat. Some sites (stars, ignition, etc) allow us to display an observed/pre-fetched HUD to aid in table selection. The HUD will be out of alignment until a hand actually imports so HM3 can then spin the HUD the same number of seats the table had to spin when taking your seat.

There is another bug where the HUD stops working after some time. The fix to this is to use Task Manager to close HM3 then restart. But then (as well as the first time I start it up in the day) it shows random players for a while before settling down. It also shows all hands imported as errors during this period before finally showing them as valid imported hands.

This error has caught me out a couple times making bad plays because I'm not looking at the right stats for that player.

This is a different issue than what you reported in this other thread (https://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?p=2503927#post2503927)? That thread is about the HUD not working at all due to performance issues,

Please see our HUD Troubleshooting FAQ (https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/faqView/Holdem-Manager-3/234/HUD-Troubleshooting) and send the requested logs, screenshots, and hand history files in a support ticket as instructed at the bottom of that FAQ with a link to this forum thread.

Knowlestoo
12-13-2019, 11:48 AM
Your explanation doesn't remotely address the issue I've raised or ask questions to try to understand. Nothing about spinning the table suggests displaying random players - I mean random like what the fffing word means, as in the players shown bear no relation to those at the table; literally could be any player in my database from that site and rarely even a player at any of the tables I'm at. It will then flick through different players - again random players - before at some point there's a grand flicker and all players are the right ones. Like I said this takes about 20 minutes.

Betaland is a People's Poker skin and has a preferred seating option which I have set but which doesn't actually work meaning I have to spin it manually. However, as I've raised in another bug report, HM3 doesn't spin the HUD at all, ever on this site. Not after importing one hand nor after importing 50 hands. It is set to use preferred seating so my expectation is that I manually spin the table to my preferred seat, HM3 shows a HUD based off that preferred seat and all would be well. However, to have the HUD showing over the correct players, I can't spin the table at all. In other words, I don't have any option of how my seating position appears on screen. It's a pain in the arse because it reduces the number of tables I can cope with. I have reported this as a bug but you guys aren't bothered with it.

Let's chat about that other thread in that thread.

fozzy71
12-14-2019, 10:00 AM
It might have helped a little if you had mentioned the site name in your first reply, since we only just added support for Peoples' Poker shortly before the release of HM3.

I see 3 open issues for 'people poker hud':

HMT-5070 Peoples Poker - Some hands don’t import (regression)
HMT-4124 Graphical HUD - Peoples Poker - Graphical HUD Not working
HMT-3770 HUD - Peoples Poker 4max/5max are using same positioning

If none of those describe your issue properly please duplicate the issue, screenshot the issues, and send us the images with your hands and logs as instructed in the FAQ above. Please make sure you send it in a new support ticket, not one of your support tickets you already have open.

Knowlestoo
12-14-2019, 07:22 PM
Why would it have helped a little if I mentioned the site? Oh, I know, you wanted an excuse to brush off the issue blaming it on being one of the newer sites for your 'support'!!! Clever. I like it, except for one small detail ...

... It happens on every site.

This is why I didn't mention which site it occurred on. It happens on every site so the site I was most recently playing is completely irrelevant to the bug. If it only happened on one site do you know what I would have done (bear in mind that trying to get anything fixed on this software is such a freaking nightmare that I'm really plumbing the depths of how much sarcasm I can generate)? I would have mentioned which site I was on just in case it was something to do with that site. Woah.

Did a bunch of work before I played and then didn't play enough for the HUD to fail so the opportunities for the bug to show didn't arise. If they do tomorrow, I'll try and video it for you.