PDA

View Full Version : Rollback to previous version?

Willbbs
11-11-2019, 02:29 PM
Updated HM3 today and it has crashed 3 times while I'm playing, really annoying. Never happened before. Anyway to rollback to previous version?

udbrky
11-11-2019, 05:06 PM
- Close HM3 and the Holdem Manager Server icon in the system tray. *
- If it is not running or fully launched please open your Windows Task Manager and right-click - End Task on 'Holdem Manager 3', *'HM3 HUD' and 'HoldemManager.Server' if you see them. *
- Click Start - All Apps - Holdem Manager 3 - 'Copy HM3 Log Files to Desktop'
- Then zip and attach all (Ctrl+A - Right-Click - Send to - Compressed (zipped) folder) files (and the \Archive folder) in that \Desktop\HM3Logsfiles folder to this same support ticket with a detailed description of what you were doing before the issue. *Here is a direct link to your My Tickets page - https://support.holdemmanager.com/user/mytickets/
-*If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like or dropbox, then right-click - 'copy dropbox link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. *If you have any problems with dropbox please try using google drive instead.

Here is 3.1.3.0 - https://www.holdemmanager.com/download/index.php?product=HM3&channel=Stable&version=3.1.3.0

Willbbs
11-12-2019, 12:39 PM
Can't go back to previous version because Database can only be opened on the newest version and it keeps crashing. Any other suggestions?

udbrky
11-12-2019, 01:05 PM
We need more information on what is happening on the crashes.

- Close HM3 and the Holdem Manager Server icon in the system tray. *
- If it is not running or fully launched please open your Windows Task Manager and right-click - End Task on 'Holdem Manager 3', *'HM3 HUD' and 'HoldemManager.Server' if you see them. *
- Click Start - All Apps - Holdem Manager 3 - 'Copy HM3 Log Files to Desktop'
- Then zip and attach all (Ctrl+A - Right-Click - Send to - Compressed (zipped) folder) files (and the \Archive folder) in that \Desktop\HM3Logsfiles folder to this same support ticket with a detailed description of what you were doing before the issue. *Here is a direct link to your My Tickets page - https://support.holdemmanager.com/user/mytickets/
-*If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like or dropbox, then right-click - 'copy dropbox link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. *If you have any problems with dropbox please try using google drive instead.

Padrinobta1
11-12-2019, 07:46 PM
Happen same for me why is crashing ?

fozzy71
11-13-2019, 08:31 AM
Happen same for me why is crashing ?

We can't tell you why yours crashing if you don't send us the logs as we instructed the other poster:

Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' (https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/category/19) link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please attach a set of log files (https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/faqView/Holdem-Manager-3/194/How-to-send-HM3-log-files-to-support) and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.

Padrinobta1
11-13-2019, 09:12 AM
Already sent

fozzy71
11-14-2019, 09:47 AM
Already sent

I apologize if you haven't gotten a reply yet. We are a bit short-handed this week so things are a bit backed up in our inboxes the past day or two. We should be able to get most everything caught up and replied to today. Please post your support ticket number if you still haven't got a reply and we can make sure to reply to yours ASAP.

Rtoss
11-17-2019, 02:00 PM
I apologize if you haven't gotten a reply yet. We are a bit short-handed this week so things are a bit backed up in our inboxes the past day or two. We should be able to get most everything caught up and replied to today. Please post your support ticket number if you still haven't got a reply and we can make sure to reply to yours ASAP.

I also experienced the same issue. I've sent the reports when I get the errors and wrote a ticket and I got this:

(This is an automated message)

Your support ticket has been linked to our internal bug tracker:

Bug #:HMT-4920
Issue:ApiTimeout causing HUD to stop updating.

Once this issue has been resolved and a new version with the available fix has been released, you will automatically be notified via this support ticket.

When the error happen my computer turns really slow and the CPU usage in my Task Manager goes to 100% (and the culprit is HM3).

Is there any momentary fixes we as users can do?

I can't rollback because the database is not compatible with the first stable version...

This is very unfortunate, let me tell you.

Rtoss
11-17-2019, 02:59 PM
My HM3 crashes too. I've sent a ticket and sent the bug crashes when the message prompt appeared and I got this reply:

Holdem Manager Support on Nov 17, 2019, 2:30:46 PM
(This is an automated message)

Your support ticket has been linked to our internal bug tracker:

Bug #:HMT-4920
Issue:ApiTimeout causing HUD to stop updating.

Once this issue has been resolved and a new version with the available fix has been released, you will automatically be notified via this support ticket.

This is very unfortunate that I can't use the stable software I paid for.
In task manager, when the issue is happening, there's 100% CPU usage from HoldemManager.Server. Is there any fix we can do while we wait for an update fix?

fozzy71
11-18-2019, 08:41 AM
Our QA/Testing Manager is reviewing these logs/issues this week. For now, you can use the following instructions to rollback to the previous build, but it will require creating a new database that you will have to use in that version as the schema changed when we added Party parsing support for downloaded hands.

Please close HM3 (if it is actually running) and the HM3 Server and rename the database file - C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases\{DatabaseName}.hmdb - to a different name. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/130/How+to+See+Hidden+Files+in+Windows+

Rollback to 3.1.3.0 from this link - https://www.holdemmanager.com/download/index.php?product=HM3&channel=Stable&version=3.1.3.0

Now when you start HM3 again it will start the setup wizard so you can create a new database.

Please do not create your HM3 Database in a sub-folder of any cloud file hosting service (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc) as it can cause database corruptions because it will constantly be syncing the database to the cloud while you are playing/importing. You can configure HM3 to archive any auto imported hand history files to a cloud file hosting service folder if you choose to as that will not affect the SQLite database in any way, and you can obviously store any HM3 database backup files you create in a cloud folder instead of the default path HM3 suggests when backing up databases.

Then you can manually import your recent hands from the C:HM3Archive and/or C:\HMArchive folders until we can see what is happening and release a fix so that you can update and then use the previous database again.