PDA

View Full Version : HoldemManager.Server process

Demonic666
11-06-2019, 09:45 PM
Hi,

I've noticed the process "HoldemManager.server" in task manager is constantly at just under 3GB long after closing HM3 and just having the HUD-only mode idling on the taskbar. This is idling only, no poker being played for the last hour. Seems surprisingly high to me, but would just like to check if this is this normal/expected memory usage or not (in case it's relevant, my HM3 currently has a single database of around 800,000 hands).

Screenshot of it in Task Manager:

Thanks.

udbrky
11-06-2019, 09:55 PM
- Close HM3 and the Holdem Manager Server icon in the system tray. *
- If it is not running or fully launched please open your Windows Task Manager and right-click - End Task on 'Holdem Manager 3', *'HM3 HUD' and 'HoldemManager.Server' if you see them. *
- Click Start - All Apps - Holdem Manager 3 - 'Copy HM3 Log Files to Desktop'
- Then zip and attach all (Ctrl+A - Right-Click - Send to - Compressed (zipped) folder) files (and the \Archive folder) in that \Desktop\HM3Logsfiles folder to this same support ticket with a detailed description of what you were doing before the issue. *Here is a direct link to your My Tickets page - https://support.holdemmanager.com/user/mytickets/
-*If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like or dropbox, then right-click - 'copy dropbox link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. *If you have any problems with dropbox please try using google drive instead.

Demonic666
11-07-2019, 03:09 AM
Submitted logs in ticket, thank you.

fozzy71
11-07-2019, 09:41 AM
That is completely normal for a 800k hand hero/alias database. The more hands your active player has in the HM3 Reports, the more RAM the server will use. HM3 is going to use more RAM than HM2 did for the same alias/hero with the same number of hands. HM3 will use about 4 GB of RAM per 1 million hands loaded to the reports. I just opened a 1.6 million stars cash hand database and my server is using about 5 GB of RAM for reference.

If you are worried about the RAM being used because you don't have a lot of onboard RAM, and you are using HUD Only Mode already, then I might suggest you switch the HM3 active player/hero to a player that has less hands than your main hero/alias and restart HM3. This way the server will use much less RAM while you are playing in HUD only mode then after the session you can open the UI and switch to your hero to review the session in detail

Demonic666
11-07-2019, 12:38 PM
Thanks for that. I guess I'd incorrectly assumed a couple of things - that RAM usage would somehow be lower for HM3 than HM2, and that HUD-only mode would have a superlight footprint - and was concerned something was wrong. As it's normal, I've updated and closed the ticket. :)